Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are peoples thoughts on the relative merits of an Evo 6 Extreme 450 against a respectable tuners mod'd Evo 6 with 370bhp?

The Ralliart cars are geared towards big torque whereas tuners, the more normal, high bhp. Is there a big difference between how these different approaches work on the road/track?

Are the Ralliart cars justifiably worth the extra dosh on the basis of using more expensive parts/techniques?

Anyone own an Extreme 450 Evo 6 here?

Note: I appreciate that many people may have a different viewpoint on this subject. Hope to avoid arguements. Thanks. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Probably a good 2nd hand buy, particular as they feature things like front and rear APs often. Engine will be strong and torquey, but not high powererd.

Expect around 360bhp and 380lb/ft torque. Good basis for further tuning though. Strap on a bigger turbo, or manifold etc. Could be massed to 380bhp and 400lbft.

Has a GEMS - probably not very well mapped, get it remapped 4 more power.

All you need add is decent suspension such as Drummonds and some cusco braces and you will have a very nice car indeed, yes sir!
The low gearing might be hard to live with on the road though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slightly off track but one thing that's puzzled me in the past is why a 450 is called a 450..... As far as I can make out, neither the bhp or torque is around that figure..... Would anyone care to enlighten me???

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agree with Blade, second hand the RS450 extreme is pretty good value for what you get. Other things to note will be that it will have ALS as part of Gems, an uprated clutch, bushes, proper harnesses, uprated seats etc. The original RS450 was based on an evo 5 RS which had the short gearing (Bugsy, wish to chip in). Many, if not all of the Evo 6 Extremes were based on RSII's which have the same gearing as GSR so this may not be a problem.

Brian
Mag Editor/ Pr

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shaun,
Depending on who you talk to the answer as to why 'RS450' varies. It was supposedly the intended torque level and probably measured in Newton metres, 450Nm |EQU| 332lbft. An E6 RS450 has been R/R tested at 346bhp and amp; 369lbft (500Nm).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry to bring this back, but did they have any accurate 0-100 performance figures for either the 5 or 6 based rs 450?

I am going for big power in the 22B, and have to choose between two final drive ratios, one giving 180mph, the other giving 205 mph flat out in fifth. I appreicate I wont get there, but the longer final drive will give a 100mph cruise at 4000rpm roughly which is nice.

I am wondering if the other final drive will give better acceleration mph for mph up to its top speed? and this is probably the only way I can fgure this out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts