Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'am French and my father has a Lancer EVO6 GSR.I would like to now the real engine's power;somebody say 276HP and other people say 310HP.
Can you help and give to me speed max too(154 mph?).THANK YOU.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
276 BHP is the right one for Evo 6.

280 PS /6500 RPM - According to the Manufacure data.

280 PS |EQU| 276 BHP

As we tested our Evo - 155 MPH is the maxment Evo 6 can go.

Best Regards
UP Auto

www.upauto.co.uk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tanks very munch ,so, is it right that engine's power are limited at 280 Hp in Japon ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, The Law in Japan for domestic manufacture's vehicle..Such Toyota, Honda or Nissan etc. 280Ps is the maxment power they can produce.

As same as speedo limited - 180 Kph

Regards
UP Auto

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I have heard from many sources that the maximum horsepower limit of 280PS (276Bhp) is a gentlemans agreement much like the speed limiting of German cars to 155mph is a gentlemans agreement between manufacturers.
It makes sense for the companies to come to some sort of agreement over power and max speed so they can concentrate on improving other parts of the car rather than spending big bucks to squeeze a few extra horses out of it to make it better than a rival.

You will find that certain Japanese cars actually go over these limits although they quote the 'standard' figure. The 22B for example and the Evo VI is probably more like 286Bhp.

Anyone got dyno figures for a standard E6? (obviously fuel RON will make a difference)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.