Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used ECB Drilled and grooved brake discs and red stuff pads for an EVO 6 and S/S Brake Hoses? Does this combination work well?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think you'll find the only combination to avoid warping is to have 2 piece discs!
What ever combination you go for it should work well, question is for how long? Braided hoses will help you pedal feel and stop the rubber hoses expanding when getting hot, so yes they are good.
As for discs, there are many out there, but the only proven way to eliminate warping is the AP setup at £1500|PLS|.
Cheap way is to buy a set of 2 piece discs and use the existing calipers and change the lines and fluid, like I've done. Godspeed sell these discs for around £450 and the hoses are around £40. As for fluid try and get Castrol SRF or a decent dot 5.1.

Good luck

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information Steve. I will try the combination I have got and get back to you if I have any more queries (My discs and pads are in my front room ready to be fitted!)
Is AP Brake Fluid the best to use?
Paul

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Blade
I have just converted my EVO 4 to an EVO 6 - all new body parts (front/rear bumper, bonnet, etc)
My last task is to fit the brakes. I'm new to this website and appreciate all the information I receive.
Cheers
Paul

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blade you took the words right out of my mouth! Try and get some Castrol if you can. I couldn't at the time and ended up using Mintex Racing Fluid.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found a good supply of standard Evo 5/6 front discs for £160 inc next day delivery for a pair. OK, not as good as uprated grooved types, but fine on Group N Rally car with mintex pads, and cheaper to chuck away when eventualy gone! Email us if intrested.
RogerRally

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AP is not the only proven way. Get a Movit kit and you won't be talking about warping or brake issues again.

Cheers

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.