Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I thought i'd replace my top mounts. Upon doing so the threads when we took the old nut off were ruined and also had free play in the damper. (which would explain my terrible knocking) on my evo 5

I am now in two minds....

Do I get some oem spec replacement struts from ross sport and keep the standard springs (which i will swap for lowering springs in the future)

Or maybe look at Coilovers?

I have seen a few.... Is there any reccomendations? Been reading about the Meister R Zeta ones? I just dont want the ride to bee too harsh so I cant enjoy the car on normal / B roads. I dont have a high budget though

Thanks in advance

Phil

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Get yourself a new set of stock Bilsteins from someone like Ross Sport. Best of both worlds - fresh dampers with a good quality ride.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
I replaced my shot evo6 suspension with TME OEM suspension.
Sits 10mm lower and slightly stiffer spring's.
Great for b roads.
Bit pricey :mitsi:

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,951 Posts
As above - road car - OEM suspension. It's decent stuff out of the box as it were. Not like you are upgrading a non-performance model to begin with is it :handsup:

Ross Sport has the Ralliart front suspension top mounts on offer new too this weekend for Black Friday :smthumbup

If you are going coil over route - basically you need to spend MORE than what the OEM is going to cost you to make improvements. Spending £600 on a set of coilovers will ruin the car for road use in most people's experience on here.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The ZetaCRD+ will do the job if your budget allows.
It will be comfortable for most road duty, but the damping adjustment will also allow you to dial in the responsiveness on the occasional track days.

It will depend on what you want.
Fixed damper is a bolt on job, you may like it or you may not, but there are no adjustments.

Coilovers do allow driver to adjust to their personal preference.
So you can control ride height as well as ride quality (damping), and can also make adjustment to focus on your particular need.
That way you can have a good all in one package that will do comfortable road as well as responsive track use.

Jerrick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts