Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some advice please - car been stored for over 12 months with 1/4 tank of v power - I m know its probably not necessary but I wanted to drain the tank - is there a tank drain????

·
Premium Member
10,667 Posts
That’s not ideal mate as the fuel could of gone off.. 2 x drain plugs on either side of the tank ..

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
That’s not ideal mate as the fuel could of gone off.. 2 x drain plugs on either side of the tank ..
as Steve says there about 16mm from bottom so they will still be minor dregs in it. Pop them back in and brim it

·
Premium Member
Ruri Blue Evolution IX FQ340
646 Posts
Roughly after how long not running should you think about emptying the fuel tank before start up ?
Mines been in the garage on trickle charge for about 5 months with under a quarter of a tank in it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice folks just spotted them - I think with a bit of strategic jacking you could get most out -

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Roughly after how long not running should you think about emptying the fuel tank before start up ?
Mines been in the garage on trickle charge for about 5 months with under a quarter of a tank in it.
Honestly mate I’d just fill it with Jerry cans and take the first tank steady. Should ideally leave it full but 5 months should be ok. Condensation inside the tank ie rust forming would be more of a concern to me than fuel octane

·
Premium Member
Ruri Blue Evolution IX FQ340
646 Posts
Honestly mate I’d just fill it with Jerry cans and take the first tank steady. Should ideally leave it full but 5 months should be ok. Condensation inside the tank ie rust forming would be more of a concern to me than fuel octane
Yeah that’s what I was thinking, brim it before I start it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts