Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am currently fitting an EFR 7670 full-race turbokit to my Evo 5 RS.

However, it is extremely tight between the exhaust and the water cooler, almost impossible to do a nice routing of the downpipe.

Is there any ready to buy solution for this problem to gain more space?

cheers
ric

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
I have a full race 7670 kit on my 6RS, the aircon compatible front downpipe wasn't and the second half of the downpipe that was supplied certainly wasn't for an evo (had to chop up a magnex downpipe, weld a V-band flange on and use that) but I had enough radiator clearance.

Maybe they've supplied you the wrong bits?

Cheers,

Simon

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A friend of mine ordered the full race downpipe with the EFR kit and the quality was absolutely shocking. We are sure one of their Juniors welded this thing or maybe some school kids visiting the factory, furthermore we found their first bend to massively restrict flow and horsepower. I have not ordered this piece of **** with my turbo kit.

We will fabricate our own downpipe, but to do it properly we think a little more space is needed. I understand some people (I think Spec-R) have significantly moved the radiator forward by using a different radiator?

cheers
ric

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
The welding was beautifully done and the bends looked fine. Wouldn't have fitted a 7/8/9 either...

I'm assuming the guy that made it didn't want his creativity stifled by "the man":smthumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts