Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chief Nerf Herder
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. could some of you gurus out there help me identify if this engine is a 5 or a 6?

I bought it as a 6 but reckon it is actually a 5 since the thermostatic cases are different plus the turbo has a smaller bore than the inlet pipe I have from a 6.

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
With regards to the turbo the inlet to the compressor on an E6 is 64mm, this is larger than the E5 which is 56mm.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Look at the dates that are stamped into the oil filler cap and the spark plug cover,there will be dates stamped onto other items as well. You maybe able to narrow it down from that??

·
Chief Nerf Herder
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apparently it is an Evo 6 block with Evo 4 ancillaries. Came out of a Cat B that was a 4 with a 6 conversion in it.

Worryingly it was written off due to flood damage so the way my luck is going the engine will be flooded as well, although it looks super clean inside and out.

·
Premium Member
9,730 Posts
Apparently it is an Evo 6 block with Evo 4 ancillaries. Came out of a Cat B that was a 4 with a 6 conversion in it.

Worryingly it was written off due to flood damage so the way my luck is going the engine will be flooded as well, although it looks super clean inside and out.
whats the engine no

·
Chief Nerf Herder
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The engine number has been removed as it was part of a Cat B write off - apparently. The only thing I can see is a 2, although the seller is adamant it was a C.

Yes it does smell fishy...

·
Premium Member
9,730 Posts
The engine number has been removed as it was part of a Cat B write off - apparently. The only thing I can see is a 2, although the seller is adamant it was a C.

Yes it does smell fishy...
it does m8,why would you have to remove the engine no ????????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts