Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy evo 5 or 6 can be also slightly crashed or damaged but in good conditions .VIN code must be starting with "E" cause I want this car for export to Europe. I am not able to buy car imported from Japan. .

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
434 said:
I want to buy evo 5 or 6 can be also slightly crashed or damaged but in good conditions .VIN code must be starting with "E" cause I want this car for export to Europe. I am not able to buy car imported from Japan. .
ALL Evo 5's and 6's have been imported from Japan.

You can get 6's which were 'officially' imported by an affiliated (at the time) dealership but they don't have an 'E' prefix on the chassis number

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
Re: EVO

dazxxx said:
ALL VIN CODES ON 5/6 START CP9A NOT E
Not quite true.

RSII and RSX have 17 Digit chassis numbers, just like uk cars.

Still don't start with an E tho.

Mine starts JMYSNCP9A

Seems all RSII's and RSX have this as the start of there chassis no.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didnt know this...

I have to check it. But I know for sure that I cant register here car imported from Japan cause they have some different VIN codes. Starting with some japan symbol and has short vin code.

And how looks VIN code on new bmw or audi that are sold in England? Does it start with E?

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
434 said:
I didnt know this...

I have to check it. But I know for sure that I cant register here car imported from Japan cause they have some different VIN codes. Starting with some japan symbol and has short vin code.

And how looks VIN code on new bmw or audi that are sold in England? Does it start with E?
All audi's sold over here start :

WAUZZZ

vw's start WVWZZZ

bmw's don't start with an E either.

Infact I can't think of any car that has an E at the start of the chassis number, as hardly any cars are made in the uk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are right, my mistake...

Anyway I want to get Evo 5 or 6 but not imported from Japan but sold by mitsu dealer in UK...

Any idea where to get some of this cars slightly crashed? Do you know some car sale pages with crashed Evos?

thanks

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
All evo's in the uk are imported from Japan.

Thats every evo from 1 - 9

Only the Evo 8 260 model was made for the uk.

So if you want a 5 or a 6 it will be a jap import even if it was sold by mitsubishi uk, as all they did was import them from japan the same as everyone else.

As for a crashed 1, it's rare for an evo to be slightly crashed over here, most are either not crashed at all, or they are very badly crashed.

lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts