Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Evo 5 or 6 wheels, quick!

Has anybody got a good set of Evo 5 or 6 17" wheels in good cond with or without 215 x 45 x 17 tyres suitable for track days. Or 215x40x17 tyres.

C'mon

·
Registered
81 Posts
i am getting the wheels and tyres replaced on my evo6 rs11 within the next 2 weeks (new ones being made).I am looking to sell my current wheels and tyres.I have 15 spoke oz alloys in silver fitted with 225/45/17 goodyear eagle F1 tyres.All tyres are legal and will do one track at least.The alloys 17" are original equipment for the big front brake version of the evo6 the RS11 and were made to clear the cars front brake calipers. [email protected]

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wheels sound ok, what condition are they in? are they true/scuffed/kerbed. Can you upload pics?

Tyres are not of much interest as I need 215's but thats not a problem.

Any idea how much you would sell them to a pauper for?

Where are you in the UK?

·
Registered
81 Posts
wheels ordinarilly are well over £1000 new i was toying with the idea of either refurbishing them or buying new.In the end i went for buying new to have a complete change.Wheels have a few spots here and there where the laquer has come off and therefore paint underneath too.Never been kerbed & never been scuffed.Why do you need 215's if the rims take 225's why aren't they any good? for you £250 wheels and tyres i can't be bothered to split them.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would be happy to take both together but the reason for 215's is that all the advice I've had from MLR members is not to muck about too much with the original setup on my E4 (I think you make the same point on another thread) 205's in this case. and 215's on 17" wheels with 38 offset gives me a little extra width without compromising the the setup, tramlining and breaking the balance.

It also means there is enough clearance for later fitting of Brembos which my
current standard wheels cant accomodate.

But I'm a newbie at all this and I would be grateful for your guidance.

Do you have pics? Where you you live?

Parker

·
Registered
81 Posts
Fair play i couldn't agree more about mucking about too much with original set ups.Believe it or not i'm a bit of a newbie too,but in my case it's with computers.We dragged ourselves kicking and screaming into the 21st century about 2 months ago,and bought this thing.I'm still learning how to drive it.Sending pictures is planet krypton stuff to me.I'll have to ask my son about that,we live between Dover and Deal in Kent.Regards carousel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts