Spitfire coil packs
twegia radiator
cc twin plate clutch
cc flywheel
AYC removed replaced with new RS diff
Full 3 inch turbo back blue flame exhaust system with de cat
New gates timing belt and balance belt kit with pulleys

before the rebuild it was running 389bhp

What power should I be able to run with this spec ??
and what do I need to get to 500bhp ??

Really need some advice from people who have been at this stage before :handsup:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mate loads to take in I'm so confused as to what to do i wonder if I get more power out of this spec whether that would be reliable ?

·
Premium Member
11,055 Posts
You could get around the 400 mark on that turbo with cams.

500 is a fair bit more coin. Depends on your usage really. And wallet! First problem you "could" have IMO is having your mechanic build it, and then having a third party map it. It could cause issues if there is any problems .

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All the bits have come from indigo who mapped it before the rebuild and they have been advising my mechanic where necessary .hopefully this should avoid any problems and indigo are going to have it back in to check the map upon completion.
It is a weekend toy for me I've done 3800 miles since buying it in February and spent a fortune on it fixing and bringing it up to where I wanted it to be
I'm just thinking its forged should I go the whole hog and ramp it up

·
Premium Member
11,055 Posts
TBH forged is a bit over kill for the power you have now . But as long as it's built right its future proofed. Really does depend on your budget. But 500+ is a fair leap in money. And then brakes, suspension, clutch and transmission all come in to it. So go in eyes open.

·
Premium Member
11,055 Posts
Yes should do, depends on your turbo choice of course. I'd try not to get too caught up on numbers mind you. How it drives is a big thing to think about. A lot on here seem to rave about the HKS Kai or FP71 for 470 ish hp. I've zero experience with bigger power though , that's just from reading other people's experiences on here.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
why would someone sell a turbo after only 500miles ? Genuine question
No one puts a reason in their add and all of these turbos that suit my purpose are being sold after being on a car for 5 minutes
That is putting me off a little bit I must admit
Can I run the car at 450-500bhp with any real reliability ?

·
Premium Member
11,713 Posts
Cams, intercooler, turbo, maybe coil on plug but tbh you shouldn't need it at that level.

Treat the gearbox will a little respect and you will be ok, you have the rear diff and a twin plate which is a good start.

Plenty of turbos for sale on here and the evolution site that can deliver.

Why the rebuild and not a rod job?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cams, intercooler, turbo, maybe coil on plug but tbh you shouldn't need it at that level.

Treat the gearbox will a little respect and you will be ok, you have the rear diff and a twin plate which is a good start.

Plenty of turbos for sale on here and the evolution site that can deliver.

Why the rebuild and not a rod job?
I thought that's what I'd done bought rods and pistons is that not a rod job ??

Reason is valves had hit the pistons and marked them when I snapped the balance belt

So new head, head gasket , ibeam rods , forged pistons ,acl shell bearings
Thought I may as well bullet proof the engine and go for more power but I had hoped to get a bit more gain after throwing a load of money at it but now it needs more money to get it up to 450+

How much money can this car eat ? ALOT!!!!!! :wallbang:

But I still love her ;)

·
Premium Member
11,713 Posts
I thought that's what I'd done bought rods and pistons is that not a rod job ??

Reason is valves had hit the pistons and marked them when I snapped the balance belt

So new head, head gasket , ibeam rods , forged pistons ,acl shell bearings
Thought I may as well bullet proof the engine and go for more power but I had hoped to get a bit more gain after throwing a load of money at it but now it needs more money to get it up to 450+

How much money can this car eat ? ALOT!!!!!! :wallbang:

But I still love her ;)
Bugger, no rod job is £1500 and handle 550bhp comfortably however engine needs to be sound, in your case it sounds like it needed to be rebuilt.

These cars are great when running but can potentially cost £££ when something pops....

Onwards and up!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Evo 5 cant have a traditional rodjob as the pistons cant be modified to accept circlips so pistons are needed.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts