Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there chaps just wanted to ask whats the most power i.e bhp can u get out of a evo 400 turbo with a forged engine and cams many thanks adam:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Just got one fitted and I`m running a tad over 400 bhp but only 1.75 bar. I have all the supporting mods ( fuel pump induction zorst and power FC etc etc ) so that gives you an idea. When forged the boost can be cranked up to about 2.2 bar . Maybe good for another 30 - 50 bhp ?

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
hi there chaps just wanted to ask whats the most power i.e bhp can u get out of a evo 400 turbo with a forged engine and cams many thanks adam:thumbup:
which evo400 turbo??

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
which evo400 turbo??
Cant seem to find the link now. Perhaps he doesnt sell them anymore. Mine was refurbed by TD and it came back brand new. Had a search about and found this. Presumably this was the launch :

THE EVO400 Ti TURBO

This turbo needs no introduction, rated very highly by many MLR members and was fitted to several of the TOTB handling circuit front runners at last years running, as well as being fitted to the winning car in previous runnings.

Capable of producing up to 400 hp /400ftlb /500ftlb dependant on the spec of the engine and boost pressure run.

Spec sheet :

TI mitsubishi new turbocharger.
Garrett GT dual ball bearing core
3" compressor cover inlet system reworked from stock units
Uprated actuator of choice pre set to your spec and needs
10.5 t exhaust housing reworked for better response
Polished compressor cover if required @ £40 extra
Custom exhaust wheel cut back if required .
Full bolt kit .

These turbos are raved about by the people that run them, praised for their sheer driveability and instant response.

Normal retail price £1750+vat+postage = £2133

If we can sell 3 lots, then special group buy price is only £1730 delivered.

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Around 400bhp is the limit, but with lots of mid range boost it will produce lots of torque.

Take a look of a comparison of an Evo400 turbo and standard Evo 6, here

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
they work well and have seen varied figures made... they spool nice and early and give a good hit of low down torque, at 2 bar with cams they have done 420++ torque but this varies from car>car and rollers.
my car runs the evo 9 version, see "my car" for graphs.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
TD state that they run 2 bar all day long so if you stretched another .2 bar out of it I reckon good for nearly 450 horses with an enormous lump of torque early doors !

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
turbo

Thanks chaps for the replys its the original evo mr 400 turbo the one that owen developments put on with all the evo mr 400's so over all results if push will get to around 450 max thanks adam:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
There's some confusion on this thread about which turbo you are talking about, you mean an FQ400 turbo don't you? Others are replying about a hybrid (stockframe)turbo sold by a tuner called evo400 (who is no longer trading under that name).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts