Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
just thought i'd just say hello.

i pick up my firts evo (4) from the dealers on monday so will be asking lots of questions later.

I't be my first real performance car so any tips or hints will be welcomed.

I've gone for a machine that looks like i can have (safe) fun with.....not sure the wife see's it like that but what the hell, my son thinks its great!!

I should have looked at this site first before i bought it i guess, but i fell in love after the test drive...is there any thing i should know?

Cheers...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Stud,

Welcome to the club,brilliant choice ,need more E4 s on the board.
Where you based ? if down south west or south ish then come along to one of the meetings we have,great fun and not always talking about EVO's.nice social event.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plymouth based.........will be looking out for events on this board or are you already aware of some?
need all the advise i can get at the moment...
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
welcome.....

if you want to get with the meets sign up to Japukmeets and evo groups on yahoo, they have more meets organised (although most now come on here as well now)

keep your eye out for the next bolney meet, it will be large.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Studcolie,

Although I live in Southampton, my home town is Torquay and I'm usually there (with my IV) once or twice a month. If you're bored one weekend, pop up and we can compare each others! Fnaar!

The only thing important thing to know at the moment is to use Shell Optimax (or Super Unleaded) rather than unleaded. Other than that, you'll pick it up as you go.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should have looked at this site first before i bought it i guess, but i fell in love after the test drive...is there any thing i should know?
hehe, i did exactly the same thing with my previous car, a Subaru Impreza, bought a UK model, when i should have bought an Sti (280bhp Jap Import).

Welcome to The Club, fine choice of car!

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hiya,

i also drive an evo 4, welcome to the club!

Only advise is :

HOLD ON, YOUR IN FOR THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE!!

Happy driving

Debs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys and Gals,
counting down the hours till i pick mine up!!
Bloddy DVLA shut down for Xmas...
still worth the wait i can tell!!
Grog,
may catch ya later.

Debs,
sounds great!.......**** the wifes just walked [email protected]#*%$..............
:D

See ya

1 - 8 of 8 Posts