Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as above i have evo 4 with evo 8 engine and had it running on a e6 ecu. ive since switched to a evo 260 ecu (4 plug) as i want to use sd and this particular ecu has that function already and was mapped to suit a car very similar spec engine/turbo wise. ive go it to the point it fires and runs althou its as if its on 3 cylinders and wont run without plenty of throttle. swapped the appropiate wires. surely the cas would run (evo8 cas) on an evo 8 ecu through the 4 loom? this is the confusing bit. my question is, do i need to modify the spare cas i have (4/5/6) and drill it out to fit the bigger bolt. also the pickip appears to go on one of two ways, does it matter which way it goes? the issue definitly points to an ignition timing problem, similar symptoms:wallbang::wallbang::wallbang:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
the 8 260 ecu should fit and run an evo 4 with minimal fuss
the fact your ecu has been setup to run SD is probably the reason you having problems. it wont be a CAS fault if the car runs of your stock ecu.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have fitted a map sensor although im dubious about the quality ( 30 quid ebay apexi copy i think) iat sensor was already in the hard pipe i bought and ive taken feeds off the maf loom. hardwired the o2 sensor to the ecu. i used the pin that corresponds with the diagram and used the ground wire on the ecu for the other wire. do different iat sensors have different values? imthinking now its either summat to do with the iat sensor, crap map sensor or the timing is way off. i have an engine management light on aswell. could the iat scaling been wrong cause the light to come on?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Read the codes.

A quick way to find out if your scaling is in the ball park is to log the values and compare them to the ambient temperature and atmospheric pressure with the engine not running.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
if the map sensor is different from the original fitted in the SD conversion the scaling is probably off. yes different sensors do tend to have different scalings but as has been said check the fault codes to see what your dealing with.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
trying to contact the lad i got ecu off to see what sensor he used. im convinced now itsa scaling issue. thanks for the replies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts