Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i am wanting to removal my rear tint out my 4, ive done some research and it looks like ill destroy the aerial and heater element on the rear glass just wondered if anyone has done this before, or i might just get a second hand rear window and fit that instead the rear door glass should be ok to remove,
Any thoughts??

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
You could try warming it with a hairdryer, and then very gently peel it. On newer vehicles it works on older ones I'm not so sure :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes ive read that heating it can help i guess the heating element are on the glass and not laquered into the glass but i dont like the tint so gonna have a look see what i find and the aerial is rubbish anyway lol

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Seen a video on you tube about removing tint cuz I need to do mine it's bubbling one method is to spray window with glass cleaner then put a black bag on the inside of the window then leave it in the sun to heat up and soften it then peel it off (not tried this myself yet ) another option is a steamer to steam the rear window and slowly peel it off !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes its looking the way to go with heating it i think just take my time and see how itgoes, fingers crossed :smthumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts