Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive taken my car to a garage and they have told me the knocking noise ive been getting from the front driver side is the dampers. i have hks adjustables on my car. is there anywhere that i can get just the dampers?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dunno im not really clued up on the supsension :confused: does it matter if i have uprated or standard dampers to go with the rest of the hks suspension?

i might ask the garage about the top mounts. they did strip the car and thats what they said it was!

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
you seem to be lost.

dampers pretty much are the suspension. you get dampers and springs. then theres top mounts on top :D

do you notice a banging when going over bumps and when you have your wheels turned in either direction?

if so its probablyyour top mounts.

open your bonnet. and look where ive indicated on the pic. are they black like these or are they coloured with adjusters in them???

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
proper ones that will match your suspension are around £200.

thats what it should be running as they coilover are harder than std stuff. the std ones are made from rubber and give the car a softer feel when cornering etc.. but the proper ones for the coilovers are metal and dont flex as much when cornering.

the rubber ones will wear out quicly with the coilovers. thats why i was asking you to check and see what you have.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
ok, so what have they said is causing the problem? exactly?

is the damper leaking? is there noticable play in the damper?

how long have you owned that car?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im going to see them later on, i only spoke to him briefly n the phone yesterday. he said the knocking noise seems to be the damper. never noticed the damper leaking, will have to ask if there any play.

il let you know later on mate ;)

had the car for 11 month.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I use to get slow speed rattle from my HKS suspension, changed the pillow balls in the top mounts and they still rattled. The only way I could stop the rattle was to regrease the top mount pillow balls, this helped for about 6 months and then they needed doing again.

Try to grease the pillow balls first and see if that helps, this will not cost you much at all and might cure your rattle :cool:

Cheers,

Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts