Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an evo 4, original engine. It has a fujitsubo downpipe/ 3" decat to a hks silent hi power exhaust and a sard cone air filter.
Its still on the 4 ecu (metal case so assuming) and the 4 injectors.. i've read that i'd need a remap and bigger injectors/pump to run this sort of boost level due to it not being able to supply enough fuel and a map.
Just wondering if there is any way to lower the boost level without putting an airbox or cat on? Is it possible to fit a manual boost controller to drop it? or maybe fit a 2.5" decat to provide abit of a restriction in the exhaust.
I dont have the money to go with a 5 ecu/injectors/map yet but i have got a trackday booked fairly soon and dont want to be melting a piston

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also forgot to mention, it never hits fuel cut and the EGT's never go above 800° usually around 770° on a 3rd/4th gear pull up hill

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Some let go at 0.9 bar, some are OK higher. Nobody knows the answer as it's car/engine dependant. I ran 1.3 for a while on my old IV engine with no issues. It even hit 1.7bar a couple of times when my actuator was goosed.
Now run 1.6 but on a later engine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably will get it checked on a dyno somewhere, i've had a rough estimate for mapping plus the supporting mods required on a 4

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Probably will get it checked on a dyno somewhere, i've had a rough estimate for mapping plus the supporting mods required on a 4
what did the quote involve, i'd have thought your easiest route would be later ecu and injectors then remap, though you cant push a 4 engine too far. Have you checked the engine number, to make sure it is a 4 engine, and not had a later engine fitted at some point in its life?

Also I maybe wrong, but I'd have thought 1.15 bar isnt much more than standard??

Agree though, at the very least, get the fueling checked on a dyno, then you at least know that side of things is good

You could lower the boost by fitting an external boost controller if you do want to lower it

Stu

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote was for a 5 ecu, injectors, fuel pump and mapping.
Im not after more power, i just want it reliable

1 - 6 of 6 Posts