Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this for my 9gt off a forum member but have since had a very good deal on a new carbonetics so i,m going to sell it.

The friction plates look worn to me but the previous seller assures me they are ok due to the clamping on/off nature of the clutch ? Friction plates are avaliable from alcon and are not silly money afaik. Each plate has 4 'paddles' or plates.

This is a £1300 clutch and i just would like £200 back for it, you can collect from cm3 or i,ll post for £20
i can send pictures also

cheers

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will do tomorrow john, i just have the pics the previous seller sent me but they dont really show the plates very well.

to be sure though i would say to any buyer the plates need changing just to be on the safe side. of course if you can change the clutch yourself free labour then it would be ok but i wouldnt want to pay labour once then pay again in maybe a few months.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been informed the plates are £140 each from alcon.

Clutch would be fine for everyday use and trackdays.

Heres a pic

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Im not really very clued up on clutches.

So, if I were to buy this, I could just buy 2 new plates from Alcon for £280, fit them to it and it would be like a brand new item? Or are there other places that these incur wear of some sort?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

So, if I were to buy this, I could just buy 2 new plates from Alcon for £280, fit them to it and it would be like a brand new item? Or are there other places that these incur wear of some sort?
From what i understand yes mate

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not sure mate tbh, i bought it off a forum member but got a good deal on a new carbonetics so went with that instead.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Bargain, if clutch wasn't slipping in last car then id put it straight in tbh, no need for new plates.

·
Registered
17,199 Posts

I would also change the plate on the flywheel which is usually about £90, then it would be nearly as good as a brand new 1, but still less than 1/2 price.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bargain, if clutch wasn't slipping in last car then id put it straight in tbh, no need for new plates.
Thats what i have been told as well.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry forgot about this, its now sold.
cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts