which is the best suspension from the following options:
cusco zero1/2 coilovers
tein type flex coilovers
gab prosso coilovers
hks hipermax II coilovers
zeal(endless)coilovers
whiteline coilovers
kyb shocks/hks lowering springs
these seem to be all the options available for an evo 3.if anybody has more info regarding whats available, that would be cool.
what do people rate as being the best?

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
I think it's unlikely you'll find anyone who has tried more than one, maybe two, of these kits in a car when the suspension has been in good condition i.e. I may have had Tein kit that was shot and needing changed and I replaced it with Cusco, but I'd hardly be qualified to make a judgement of the relative merits of both as one set was worn out.

Given this, there will be a certain amount of purchase justification in many peoples' opinions.

Myself? I've had a GAB setup with slightly lowered springs and it was quite compliant with minimal understeer. My current KYBs have much lower, stiffer springs and so it's hard to make an accurate comparison but it does tend to understeer more. I will be getting the alignment done soon to try and dial this out though.

Whiteline do have a good rep down under and I might be tempted to go for them if I was changing. I think Rob Plummer fitted their kit and was impressed, P11GT now has this car so you could ask him.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Understeer

sorry to highjack but my Evo2 is set pretty low and hard.

I need to dail out some understeer so will try softening up the front a bit, what would your recommendation be for alignment specs?

I have a note of the std settings, would they be ok given the car sits quite a bit lower than std and is sprung pretty hard. I plan some track use as well as fun summer backroad blasts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts