Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well finaly got my engine stripped down and its tottaly goosed,the head has got chunks missing out off it,pistons smaked to death and to sum it all up I wanted it back on the road for santa pod.
if im looking to hit 350bhp what am i looking at to do while its in bits and what price? :cry:

·
Registered
167 Posts
To get 350bhp I would say the stock engine should be fine as long as you ensure your fueling is up to stratch.
My 3 has ~320bhp (@16psi) and is running everything stock (incl fueling) asides from a ported turbo and Gizzmo Custom Tuned Chip.
This is a safe tune too - as I highlighted that I wanted reliability over performance.
The only comment was that when it was being done, to get more bhp safely out of the engine, a fuel regulator was needed. At that time I didn't bother as ~320bhp was about what I was after in any case. :coolsm:

This isn't to say you cant go nuts and do everything else to the engine in the interests of ensuring it's longevity also.... ;)

Actually seeing as it is in bits already, you might as well do all the fun stuff....ARP Bolts, Metal Gasket, Fueling and if you are really up for it go forgies :p Not sure on cost though - someone else might be in a better position to offer than advice...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was coming back from oldham when i thought my cam belt had snapped but taking a look it hadnt,one off my tenisners had failed destroyed every thing.
found a new engine with every thing done to it so i thing its the best thing to do and i get warranty with it aswell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts