Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody who has recently bought a 260 got the spoiler upgrade?
Not the FQ upgrade spoiler, where they have to re-spray the boot but the other big spoiler where there is a 3rd peace in the middle to cover the whole where the smaller spoiler sat.

Any comments/pics would be appreciated

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've got a new spoiler but have yet to try and source the third piece, so I'm not alot of help really!! :rolleyes: (especially as I haven't even collected my car yet :cry: )

·
Registered
254 Posts
Was told that the current 260 spoiler is not 100% central on the boot and when you fit any of the new ones (with the little thingymajig) it looks a little off centre.

I have been put off by the price tag of around £800 all in so will stick with my "gay" one

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got my spoiler for £350 and I'm gettin it sprayed and fitted for nowt, so all I need is the wee finamything! Either that or a new bootlid!! ;) :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not alot I would have thought, as there ain't much too much to spray! Saying that, he charged £100 to spray a set of tear-drop mirrors, but they're fiddly, but he only charged me £520 to remove the bodykit from my mini, sand it, prime it, spray it and fit it, oh, and recondition the wheels too!! :confused: :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
I got the new spoiler fitted on my 260 at fife mitsubishi with the thingy in the middle.I think it totally transforms the back end of the car and all fof £690.00.See my pictures for a view of it

·
Registered
122 Posts
Any pics? I wouldn't mind seeing what the middle bit was like!

I was quoted approx. £750 from the dealer for the whole lot to be fitted, so as long as the centre piece doesn't cost me £400, I've made a saving!! :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Got mine from Gaz at CPP Motor Developments.

Find his website on the Net. It was a genuine Mitsi part.

Inclused the cover piece for the boot lid too.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
My mate was spraying one for a Black 260 when I called in to see him at the weekend , he reckons they are about £250 plus vat , painting and fitting . I saw it on the car on Monday and it looks great , not crooked or anything , looked just fine as far as I could see.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I heard the upgrade ones were all fibreglass and didn't have the carbon fibre insert, is this true? The spoiler I have has a big fat wodge of carbon fibre in the middle!! :roll:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Julz said:
I heard the upgrade ones were all fibreglass and didn't have the carbon fibre insert, is this true? The spoiler I have has a big fat wodge of carbon fibre in the middle!! :roll:
Nope , no carbon in the 'Thunder Spoiler' upgrade , the whole thing is painted body colour , but is still an improvement looks wise , especially for the cost involved!

·
Registered
122 Posts
gripper said:
Where did you get yours from Julz................??
I got mine from you, and what a fab spoiler it is too! The carbon fibre is gorgeous, and the guy who's spraying it says the quality of the bits to paint is fantastic, near enough no pit holes!! ;) :D

1 - 20 of 59 Posts