Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there are any UK Evo 2 owners who may be up for helping the MLR out ?

I've long been trying to sort out all the differences between the cars. And it seems that I may be able to arrange a day where we have an Evo 1 2 and 3 together and we basically see whats different. It won't be the most exciting of days and would involve a bit of dirty hands (jacking up, removing wheels, measuring things, etc)
But at the end of the day we should have a pretty comprehensive list. This will then also help in producing a cross-link of parts. In fact it may be handy to have a pretty standard 1.8 model as well when I think about it.

I've no idea where, as it is all a bit tentative, I've the Evo 1 and the chap I've been discussing this with has an Evo 3 - we just need the 2 (and maybe 1.8)
I might have a word with Darin to see if the MLR will pay petrol as this would be a big thing for the MLR to have - there is nothing like this currently available in the English langauge - nothing confirmed by checking the cars anyway.

The information would be written up by me and made available (I hope) on the website and published in the MLR mag.

So, if you have a reasonable standard Evo 2 (GSR or RS) then please let me know if you are interested in helping with this project.

Many thanks,

TonyC
E1-3 register secretary, MLR

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do you want me;) Not that standard but since ive changed everything i know what is was like standard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tony,

I could probably bring my 2 along if it would be far enough down south for me:)
btw. Tony, i have emailed my freind but as yet havent got a reply but ill let you know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whereabouts would this take place?

I'm doing a site build for a local garage here in Suffolk and they have a 2 on the forecourt.

Best wishes,

Elton

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No idea yet where this may be, but it may be southern based.
Al, I might take you up on that offer.

Thanks for the replies, I'll see how things progress and let you know. and amp;lt;fingers crossed and amp;gt;

TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hllo Tony,would be a good opportunity to meet up and maybe have quite a gathering of 1800's to 3's.......................i did say mybe though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts