Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have just purchased a evo 2 gsr running link g4+. The car stalls itself if you don't keep the revs high. When driving its fine and on idle after a few revs but soon as I slow down for example to go over a hump it stalls. Have to keep the revs really high so it doesn't. Spoke to the old owner, he said the issue started after fitting link ecu and getting a tune. What can this be? Been told its the map on the car but no idea, if anyone is able to look through the map I can post it on here. Thanks
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Wheel Tire

·
Premium Member
22,133 Posts
Not so sure on early evos, or the link ecu, but, usually on a 4 to 9, that issue would be put down to aftermarket dump valves, vent to atmosphere types, or else an air leak. After market ecu / remaps should be able to lessen this effect though. Does sound like it needs a map tweak, but, before I went down that road, i'd pressure test the intake to test for leaks, and refit a standard recirculating dump valve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not so sure on early evos, or the link ecu, but, usually on a 4 to 9, that issue would be put down to aftermarket dump valves, vent to atmosphere types, or else an air leak. After market ecu / remaps should be able to lessen this effect though. Does sound like it needs a map tweak, but, before I went down that road, i'd pressure test the intake to test for leaks, and refit a standard recirculating dump valve
Thanks for the reply. It has a Tial wastegate plumbed into the intake manifold and T pieced to the boost gauge in the car. Is this correct?

·
Premium Member
22,133 Posts
Thanks for the reply. It has a Tial wastegate plumbed into the intake manifold and T pieced to the boost gauge in the car. Is this correct?
sounds typical, but not something im sure about. if the problem started with the ecu swop, and nothing else was touched at the same time, then chances are it needs to go back to the mapper

·
Registered
34 Posts
No, this is incorrect. The blowoff valve is the one that should be plumbed to the intake manifold after the throttle body - the wastegate should be taken off a source before the throttle body.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, this is incorrect. The blowoff valve is the one that should be plumbed to the intake manifold after the throttle body - the wastegate should be taken off a source before the throttle body.
Yh I knew it was wrong. Blow off is meant to be straight to the intake and so is the boost gauge right? Do you think this may be causing the stalling issue?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yh I knew it was wrong. Blow off is meant to be straight to the intake and so is the boost gauge right? Do you think this may be causing the stalling issue?
I have my boost gauge and blowoff on the same tee. Unlikely to be causing your stalling issue though,. At this point, I'd be doing all of the basics (idle screw, mechanical timing, ignition timing, IACV test, boost leak test, etc) to make sure it's not a mechanical fault. After ruling all that out, you can start looking at the tune.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just checked the fuse box and 80a fuse has literally melted into the box. I was having battery drain issues aswell, I'm thinking this may all be linked with the stalling
Food Motor vehicle Cuisine Gas Auto part

1 - 9 of 9 Posts