Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

just returned from the ring. car was running fine all trip until the last day. the engine temps were very high and the coolant was overflowing into the expansion vessel. after the car cooled I refilled the rad and car was fine around the 80 degree make. went back out and the same happened. after this I called it a day and car was put on trailer and I got on the beers :lol:

it was a very hot day. what is your thoughts? car starts and runs fine. no visible coolant leaks. yet to do a cylinder compression and coolant leak test

car is forged running 400/430 on standard oil and rad.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi All,

just returned from the ring. car was running fine all trip until the last day. the engine temps were very high and the coolant was overflowing into the expansion vessel. after the car cooled I refilled the rad and car was fine around the 80 degree make. went back out and the same happened. after this I called it a day and car was put on trailer and I got on the beers :lol:

it was a very hot day. what is your thoughts? car starts and runs fine. no visible coolant leaks. yet to do a cylinder compression and coolant leak test

car is forged running 400/430 on standard oil and rad.
Is the ecu map overly retarded? This is not normal to overheat like this on a 10.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Thermostatic valve failure?
Did you check for water in the engine oil - the mayonnaise on the underside of the oil cap?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts