Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone can help me. Was the original evo 1 fitted with a body kit and larger rims
or was this a after add on later on in the model. I have located a front cut and they have given me the vin cd9a which means evo1 but i only requested a 1.8 gsr which is cd5a. Any response would be great.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not sure what you are trying to find out, but if you look at the brochure link on this wepage, you will find some piccies of the standard EVO1. Complete with different bumper, bonnet, rear wing etc - are you comparing against the 1.8 GSR ?
TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I will try again.
I have found a car which has the VIN beginning with CE9A. This VIN I believe is a evolution 3. I have been told the vehicle is a 1.8 GSR 4WD lancer. What I was wondering is if the 1.8 GSR 4WD ever came with the VIN CE9A or if they are all CD5A.

Is this more clearer?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah ha, as far as I can tell off the japanese pages, and the co-ordsport 'discover your chassis number' that Vin should be for a Evo model, not a 1.8GSR model.
There should be far more clues under the bonnet.
Eg the 1.8's had a much much smaller intercooler in the left hand corner, whilst the evo's have a large one in the centre.
I'm sure Chunky knows the underbonnet differences better than me though...

TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tony's right, the i/c is the easiest way to tell a 1.8 from a 2.0.

The Co-ordsport page where you can identify chassis numbers that Tony mentioned is very handy and I'm sure the info there is accurate.

If you're lucky, you could pay the guy GSR money and get Evo3 performance
just don't forget to tell your insurance company!

Where did you find the cars anyway? Let us know how this thing pans out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts