Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an evo 1 looking to do somethings to it. i have read alot of threads on hear about fuelling ect and just have a few questions,

evo 5 injectors fit i take it? do you have to run a chip or diffrent management as i tk it, it will over fuel on idle. or can you get round this with a pressure regulator?

does an evo 5 ecu fit?

how much boost can you run on the stock turbo with evo 5 injectors installed? and how much boost with stock injectors?

would appreshate any advise cheers

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
E5 injectors will fit but you will need either an aftermarket ECU or a new chip for your existing ECU. It is 'in theory' possible to make a E5/6 ECU fit your vehicle but you would need to modify the wiring loom.

A friend of mine ran his E1 with one of my chips mapped for 560cc injectors (+ other supporting mods) to approx 1.5/1.6BAR and acheived a 12.2 at the pod this year on a VERY hot day.

·
Registered
755 Posts
i think the injectors are ok its the fuel pump thats the restriction..

new fuel pump and chip and you should be ok for some extra boost :)

i guess if ya gonna go silly power then yeah get injectors as well

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
To be safe I would recommend going up to larger injectors. Having said that, I also ran 12.2 on stock injectors. Fuel pump is definitely recommended though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
the 510cc Injectors are fine til arond 300-350hp, however the fuel pump isn't, the measly little 80lph fuel pump maxes out at around 15-16psi (i know that for a fact :blush: ) so Upgrade to a walbro255lph which is pretty much a straight fit, just need to alter the cradle slightly.

Also get a fuel pressure regluator, a rising rate one is reconmended and set it to 1:1 and that should be your fueling set.

there is no point upgrading the ECU to a later model evo ecu, except if you own an evo 4, if you really want to chip it buy a ralliart chip or gizzmo chip or go the whole hog and get a fully replacement ecu.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts