Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preferably uprated - even consider group N tarmac spec if cheap enough.

Likewise, may consider standard if cheap enough.

Presume suspension off a 2 or 3 would do the job as well?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rob,

Only big problem is front anti roll bar mounting is on the strut on e23.

Can't LEDA sort something out for you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
E2/3 strut/spring will fit an E1. Anti-roll bar is mounted to the bottom wishbone on the 1 so its only a problem if you want to swap to the cast arms.
Only difference on the struts is the E2/3 are about 5-10mm longer than the E1's

Ohlin supposedly do parts: here are the numbers. However when I asked about them quoting these numbers I was told they don't make them. Which is odd as Steve Cook has the boxes !
Anyway, see how you get on:
Front Struts - OHLINS
CT4-5010(L or R)-00
LANCER/MIRAGE
CA/CB/CC/CD

Rear Shocks - OHLINS
CT4-50200-00
LANCER/MIRAGE
CA/CB/CC/CD

If you don't mind waiting for the postman you can try this Malaysian company: http://www.speedworks.com.my/hotbits/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Waiting for details/prices from Leda.

When I woz a lad............they would take your road car shocks and rebuild them to whatever spec you wanted for a good deal less than £400. Suspect might cost a little more now.

Are the standard struts/shocks gas or oil?

I'm almost certain Ohlins will be looking at around £2k for 4 corners - that's more than the bloody car's worth!

Proflex and Drummond will be about the same.

Had a look at the Malaysian company - looks quite good, but bet they're dear, especially once you've had them shipped over and added 10% import duty and 17.5% VAT! Waiting for prices anyway.

Thanks for suggestions chaps.

Was hoping for some group N tarmac rally cast offs for £25 a corner really.......................!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you are even more of a tight wad them me !
Try Ears in Macclesfield. They have sold their Evo 3 rally car but still had a load of secondhand spares and casts off in the workshop when I was talking to them last.
01625 433773 - Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EARS ain't the cheapest place in the world - and the attitude isn't too clever either, in my experience.

They wanted £250|PLS|VAT for a 2nd hand bloody driveshaft!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing's cheap from those boys.............................

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheeky monkey Terrance.

How much was that pretty much unique Quaife LSD unit then? ;)

Anyway, EARS have got 2nd hand Evo 3 suspension for £400 - probably plus VAT as well...............too rich for my blood!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.