Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having covered a huge 4K in my motor since buying it last August, I'm going to treat it and give it a service. Strangley enough, it's lot listed at my local Halfords, but animals like the 16V Gallant ( and amp;gt;93) are.

The parts I'm after are cam belt, balance shaft belt, oil filter and fuel filter. Which other Mitsi's should I be refering to so that I get the correct parts or should I stop trying to save a couple of quid and get the bits from my local Mitsi dealer?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All those bits (and more) can be sourced through your local Mits dealer. Make sure you're stting down when they tell you the prices though http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > Have your chassis no. ready and they can give you a price on any part for any import.

I got quoted 10 days and £80 per wheel for rear pads!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want pads, get EBC greens at £35 per set for the front and I got some rears from my local garage for £15, standard fit Mitsubishi items (ferodo I think). I use genuine Mitsubishi oil filters which are less than £10, you can get air filters from K and amp;N direct, belts should be genuine but are the same as for a Galant and in my experience, nothing else goes wrong. (After 3years ownership and loads of track days).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What fitment were the rears? My local dealer doesn't know of any compatible fitments, but I assume the parts are common enough, at least among other Mitsubishis.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure of the Ref No., I may have a No. for Mintex pads that you can cross reference, I'll look in the garage tonight!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When i got some new wheel bearings the bloke said that they where the same as another mitshubishi model. Carnt remember the name but it was the same type as the ford galaxy, a family car kind of thing.
The bearings were for a GSR RS 1800 but i think it may be the same for the Evo 1. Ask them and they will proboably tell you what other models the stuff for your car fits. Then use this information for buying other bits.
I may need a new power steering pump, but i will probaly get one if i need one from Proton. They same for pads as they do the Proton Gti, which is basically my car in drag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts