Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy folks
im gonna be replacing my standard exhaust manifold for a 4 branch one i got,i 've tried a few bolts and there fooking tight and also ive got a stud to the head that is broken , just wanted to know how you go about replacing the standard one as the bolts that fit it to the turbo are very long but the 4 branch only has a small distance for the flange to be bolted to the turbo any input would be great to minimise my time off the road as i use my car every day for work and taxi'ing the family about
cheers folks

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Get a load of WD-40 or simillar on them now and leave it a day or so. It'll be a smoky bitch till it burns off the WD if you use it but it should loosen them u a bit and reduce the risk of shearing the heads off them.

Not sure what you mean about the turbo part though

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no,im just replacing the manifold not the elbow,i just mean the original bolts go right through the top of the casting down into the top of the turbo but on the 4 branch the bolts will just go through a small flange into the turbo so they will have to be shorter bolts i think.
The manifold i have is a DN performance one by the way.
cheers
Dave

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no i haven't sold it,its still on :p
had the chance of getting this one and thought why not,when ive removed my heatshield it does look like its starting to crack on the top dont know if this is normal as its not blowing or not making any racket,so ?????????????? answers on a postcard :D
might wait for a bit better weather b4 i take the old one off as i might have to get on my bike for a few days but i hope not all being well, thats why im after some 1st hand experience on people fitting them,its a D.N Performance one ive got to go on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.