Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people if you want some awesome stopping power for your Early Evo then the Carbotech pads i have been testing ( See early evo brake upgrade thread) are now in stock at my supplier, Pm me for prices or post here if you want more info.

These are the best pads ive tried for fast road and track use without doubt.......and cheaper than Pagids which were the next best ive tried, also available for later brembo shod cars soon :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All current stock sold...but more arriving soon :) .....anyone whos tried these please post your views

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
535 Posts
what compounds are available (or just the one) and how do they compare against which Pagid pad???
cheers

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Me I have them :D but then U knew that Ian ;)

These pads seem very good for fast road use, havent been on track yet with them.

Very pleased with them :D

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Fitted mine last week too, at last my Evo has brakes to match the performance!! I fitted new discs and changed the brake fluid to make the most of them. Only trouble now is they are showing my tyres to be crap as the ABS seems too intrusive. Cold performance is ok but once you get heat into these babies they are awsome!! Tested them on my own "private" test track that most Irish member will know as the Wicklow Gap ;) . It's a run up a mountain and down the other side with lots of sweeping bends and hard braking, before the brakes where shot and faded away to near nothing by the time I got to the bottom, but now they keep on gripping with no noticable fade :D . Only down sides are they can be a little noisey when up to temp and there is more brake dust than my old Mintex items, although this isn't as bad since the pads and discs have settled in. A very small price to pay for proper stopping power ;) Money well spent and can't wait to get them out on the upcoming trackdays!! :D

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stockcar - They are available in various compounds PM me for more info.

Weekenny - About time you got them on the track to see what they can do :)

GSRed - Glad to hear you are happy fella :).. dust and noise are always a problem once you have good stopping ive found... i dont much notice the noise but the dust does seem worse than the m1155 i had in but about the same as Pagid 4.2's i had in last....as you say though a small price to pay for stopping like you should :D

Mojo - Not sure how they compare back to back with ds3000 but we can get various compounds to suit your needs, ive been using Panther+ XP8 which is just 'road' but more track based, although i have no issues on mine which is 80% road use, i think if your more track use the the XP10 or 11 might be more suited, let me know if you are interested in trying a set :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
thetyrant said:
Weekenny - About time you got them on the track to see what they can do :)
Tell me about it mate but it turns out houses are more expensive to run than evos :(

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
GSRed said:
Fitted mine last week too, at last my Evo has brakes to match the performance!! I fitted new discs and changed the brake fluid to make the most of them. Only trouble now is they are showing my tyres to be crap as the ABS seems too intrusive. Cold performance is ok but once you get heat into these babies they are awsome!! Tested them on my own "private" test track that most Irish member will know as the Wicklow Gap ;) . It's a run up a mountain and down the other side with lots of sweeping bends and hard braking, before the brakes where shot and faded away to near nothing by the time I got to the bottom, but now they keep on gripping with no noticable fade :D . Only down sides are they can be a little noisey when up to temp and there is more brake dust than my old Mintex items, although this isn't as bad since the pads and discs have settled in. A very small price to pay for proper stopping power ;) Money well spent and can't wait to get them out on the upcoming trackdays!! :D
You've made my mind up for me mate - hang the 4-pot conversion! Who needs it? ;)

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chunky said:
You've made my mind up for me mate - hang the 4-pot conversion! Who needs it? ;)
I told you Gordon but would you belive me?? no it seems :(.... still the more people using these the better then maybe i can get the price down some more :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:crackup: :crackup: I think you will be truly shocked once you have the pads fitted and bedded in correctly ( follow instructions in box) and then hit the the brakes hard....or gently for that matter....you will prob have to let off the and accelerate again before you get to corner or junction etc...this aint bull :D

Keep me posted with your thoughts :D

cheers
Ian

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Any preference to what rotors are used ,and do you have braided hoses as well .

Any experiences with warped discs?

oh yeah and would you change the rears to match .

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Shorty[paul s] said:

I'm using Mintex 12 groove disks after I warped my std disks while running std pads.

I've matched the disk and pad combo at the back :)

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Shorty[paul s] said:

Good Stock Discs work well with the XP8... or as Kenny and Paul have you can use Grooved discs to stop pads glazing...but if you use your brakes properly they wont glaze anyhows :D

I had just had Xp8 in front to start with and did Cadwell day and was very impressed....now ive got them alround and brakes are even better.....some people dont realise how much good rear brakes help.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
thetyrant said:
Good Stock Discs work well... or as Kenny and Paul have you can use Grooved to stop pads glazing...but if you use your brakes properly they wont glaze anyhows :D

Cheers
Ian
You never suffered from warping Ian? :confused:

Maybe my sticking caliper was the cause of mine then :confused:

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Discs were starting to shudder at last Croft day.. but i was over using them really to try and make up for not using 3rd gear....and they have done a good few road and track miles already so they aint done bad.... also got some small fractures starting to show with the amount of heat ive had in them :eek: so need to get these willwood 2 peice rotors sorted soon.

Cheers
Ian

1 - 19 of 19 Posts