·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
evo 1 or 2?
i got 2 grand to buy it in not top end cond

i like the look od the 2 but the 1 would be cheaper to insure

whats the diff?

can some one post some pics of 1s and 2s? (not wees and phoos)

need to know insure group engins that sort of stuff!
allso what do YOU think is best??

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
carrying on from your other thread....
so same answers....

1. regret that you're unlikely to find an e1-2 for £2K unless you import one yourself or if it's in the UK: got a blown engine, damaged, in bits etc

2. evo1-3 are all in the same insurance group == 20+

3. have a look at the 'evo buyers guide' for differences, power, pix etc here:
http://www.lancerregister.com/art_evobuyersguide.php

4. best one is down to personal choice and budget

as I said before ....look for a Lancer 1800 gsr

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
2k won't get you either unless it is a big steaming heap which will cost you at least that again to make roadworthy

And with a budget that tight, get an insurance quote first as well, it is highly likely that will take up more than half of your 2 grand.

Without wishing to be rude, 2K is just not anywhere near enough to get you into an Evo of any description.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
You wont get a decent I-III for £2K I'm afraid , even over in Japan at trade prices they are around £1800 (and thats if you know someone in the trade who can get you one.) An importer would be charging around £4K for an O.K. evo II , maybe £4500-£5000 for a real good one , and III's are even more money. I paid almost £7000 for my II 13 months ago (and yes , I know I was ripped off , and yes , I should have looked around and I could have got one cheaper , but thats history as they say!). I have to say I'm not sure you could even run a GSR 1.8 on a budget of 2 grand , they are still thirsty cars and need as much servicing as an Evo , and Insurance , while being cheaper than an Evo , still wont be 1.0 Suzuki Swift cheap! Oh and heres a pic of my II as she stands now , just to let you see one.

My advice would be to run a cheap car just now and save another 2 or 3 grand , then look around for an early evo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats the problem

ive got the money now just wating for sep when i get my ncb
ive only got this mony becos i sold my house when i buggerd my life up so this is a one wish 2k lol not gonna happne agine
i can aford the insure every year but not be able to buy another if i dont in sep

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Re: thats the problem

mattwho? said:
ive got the money now just wating for sep when i get my ncb
ive only got this mony becos i sold my house when i buggerd my life up so this is a one wish 2k lol not gonna happne agine
i can aford the insure every year but not be able to buy another if i dont in sep
Again mate, not being funny but have you looked into how much these things cost to run?

If you are looking at 2k being a one shot chance to buy one, how are you going to be able to afford to run one?

If you have a grand total of 2k to buy an Evo, the hard fact is you won't get one, and if by some miracle you do find one for that little, it will be off the road within 6 weeks because you won't be able to afford to run it.

Sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts