Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I thought it was about time I started this thread as owned my E6 for over 3yrs now

Bought car as a standard E6 Gsr from Mitsubishi Fife

Traded in this

Received this

Now From this point on there was a few issues that needed sorting

First off the downpipe of exhaust decided it was time to fall to bits so replaced full system with a japspeed S1 system and turbo elbow

next up was a trip to Jamie at evotune for walbro new actuator and boost controller

Car ran faultless till low and behold clutch let go so searched for a new clutch and ended up with a competition 6 paddle

off car went to get fitted was happy again tho abit juddery in slow traffic all was fine

Then the enevitable happened I caught the sprint bug

2012 season seen a no bad set of results for car which I was happy with

came back from castle combe and car was in for a check up for a miss fire on the test drive the rods decided they didn't want to be part of engine anymore so new engine required

got some quotes and done some research and was decided car would go to Gary at APT

now as gary will tell originally car was only booked in for a new lump but as everyone knows things change :crackup:

Spec went from

2.0 LR Built & Fitted
80 Series
Exedy Twin plate as CC was Knackered Useless Finished 9 Months Use :shake:
and all mapped ready to go

To

2.0 LR
80 Series
Ross Sport Hardpipes
Pace Inter Boiler
Tial DV
Exedy Twinplate
Oil Cooler
Avcr

as you see I add things and Gary much abliged in supplying these parts:crackup:

Sorry No Pictures Of This Work :shake:

Car ran faultless in 2013 sprint series till Castle Combe ( you guessed it twice now this track has put my car out of action )

Now I do tinker with cars but as seeing Gary put all time and effort into building my car off went engine and gearbox back to Gary as I didn't want to damage his work and was unsure where my knock was coming from

Alas phone call from gary with his findings 5th gear and output shaft gone so box was stripped rebuilt

now on to where I am at just now some pictures

while engine and box are at gary's I decided it was time for a small tidy up of body work ect as it was looking tired

Now this is not a full resto Project as I am booked up for sprints this year this is to just tidy car up protect it till next year when the Full resto project begins ( Full Strip to bare shell and chemically dipped back to bare metal is the plan ) , before anyone starts asking why this and that's not happened :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Where I Am At Just Now

ok so found myself a little unit and popped car up

Next was to strip few parts off and get to work

now as you can see surface rust has took its toll on the car so out came the tools and started work

arms now twice the size after there workout :crackup:

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even More

Products I am using is rust bullet

This morning sealed all the seams with Tiger Seal Seam Sealer waiting for drying before final coat of Rust Bullet goes over then its a case of fit front end back together and get to work on underside as that's just as bad :wallbang:

·
Premium Member
8,643 Posts
Fair bit of rust in the engine bay mate.

Doing a grand job,bet around 90% of earlies need this done.

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
Looking much better now, be interesting to see if the rust bullet keeps that rust under control, it will im sure :)

Ian

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fair bit of rust in the engine bay mate.

Doing a grand job,bet around 90% of earlies need this done.
you don't even want to see the underneath then don't think this was treated right when it was brought in this country

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking much better now, be interesting to see if the rust bullet keeps that rust under control, it will im sure :)

Ian
will find out as next year car will be stripped to a bare shell and chemically dipped to remove everything again so we will see if it has stopped it :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
drivers arch after seam seal and black rust bullet

for some odd reason pictures not showing yet on photobucket for rest

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
I had all my underside done last year back to bear metal Nasty job but happy once mine was finshed off and looks good

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah its one nasty job taking next year out from everything working like a mad man for a year every shift I can get and next year will be full on resto

1 - 10 of 10 Posts