Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...your gonna see one of these reving its tits off next to you...

The futures bleak, the futures Vauxhall... :blah:

New Corsa VXR on sale mid-March
Lightweight turbo 1.6-litre engine producing 192PS and more than 260Nm
Top speed of 140mph and 0-60 in 6.8 seconds

http://www.carpages.co.uk/vauxhall/vauxhall-corsa-vxr-03-01-07.asp

·
Registered
12,588 Posts
how long is it now that vauxhall have been talking of releasing this thing now???It would want to be fast after putting it back this long

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
Spec sounds excellent for a shopping trolley. Hope they've sorted the suspension & centre of gravity otherwise the hedges of rural England will be dotted with wrecked Corsas. Or should I say 'more' wrecked Corsas. Let's just hope that the insurance premiums are scary enough to keep silly little boys out of them.

0-60 in 6.8? "Am I bovvered?" ;)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
6.8 Seconds 0-60 is a bit crap for such a light turbo car...you'd think it would be a flying machine up to about 70 then die a death!

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
3v0 said:
6.8 Seconds 0-60 is a bit crap for such a light turbo car...you'd think it would be a flying machine up to about 70 then die a death!
Sound a bit slow to me as well.

My old G reg 16V 2 litre Astra GTE was 135 mph top speed and 0 to 60 in 7.5 seconds and that was non turbo and a bigger car.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Yes but this Corsa will probably be heavier than a MK2 Astra.

I think the 0-60 time is quite good, not many FWD std cars do less than that !!

Remember this is a 1.6 as well.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I thought it sounded pretty good for a 1.6T. Anyone know what they are going to price them at?

140 mph in a Corsa would be fooking scary though!

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
RSgeoff said:
Yes but this Corsa will probably be heavier than a MK2 Astra.

Well it will be if you have got 2 dart players in it Geoff :crackup:

Yes I have to admit though my MK2 Astra was the non cat version and engines have come a long way since then. I drove a MK2 Astra that my mate was going to buy and that had all the extras that mine didn't like the cat and ABS and it was nothing compared to mine.

Could be worth a look when they eventually bring it out as a second car and at 44.1 mpg and 35.8 mpg you can't go wrong.

1.6 turbo could be interesting in a small car like that. Will have to see if they do a bit on Top Gear about it if they are going to make another series - give it to the Stig and he won't mind doing 140 mph in it :eek:

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
They're also going to do a lower tuned version of that engine (150bhp) and do an SRi.

They are also going to use that engine in the Astra to replace the current 2.0 turbo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts