Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a set (well, fronts only actually) of these. They're Delphi brand pads, made by Lockheed. Got the ZC series ones that are rated to 800 degrees, for fast road and some track-use.

I've been told that Lockheed own AP, so I'm hoping that these pads will be good. The dealer said that they're significantly better than the OEM Brembo's, but then again this was a Hong Kong merchant, and too many of them will tell you ANYTHING to make a sale (no offense to people from Hong Kong!).

Will take the car to the track this weekend, so I'll let you know how the pads go (they're being mounted tomorrow)

Cheers!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So NO ONE has ever tried or even heard of these???

Had them fitted yesterday, and am in process of bedding them in. what's the best way to bed-in pads anyway?

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm in HK and using Lockheed delphi SX (0-450 C) ......they are better than original Brembos and much cheaper too (HK$1050 (93 quid) per pair - F and amp; R are the same price). They don't squeal at all! I recommend them to anyone NOT using their EVOs for trackdays and just want an upgrade for street use.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
evo6tm

i got the ZX ones (rated to 800 degrees) from Top Racing in Mongkok-- I'm sure you know the place. They squeal like a bitch, but do seem to brake better than the stock Brembos. Do you know if the ZX's eat rotors? I may have to replace my Brembo's soon, and have gotten a set of Project Mu SCR-Pro's for the car as backup :)

Cheers!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi hesperus,
I got mine from TOP RACING too!
The ZC will eat your brembo discs for sure, but your Project Mu SCR pro should last longer.
Most people here prefer to use the Project Mu HC Titan pads with the SCR pro discs.
Others here who use the ZC pads say they squeal too, but that's why they like them!! Weirdos!

Are you in HK?

Cheers!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
evo6tm

No, I live in the Philippines. Actually, I'm VERY upset at Top Racing. They sold me an HKS intercooler piping kit which they said they were 100% sure would fit LHD cars. Of course, when I got back to the Philippines, I found that it won't fit, because the kit was for RHD. I called them about it, and they said they'd get back to me. It's been over a week, and they haven't bothered e-mailing me back.

They also told me that the ZX's won't squeal and will not eat my discs at all. I hate to say it, and I don't mean to generalize, but a lot of HK merchants in my experience (this is true not only for auto parts) will tell you anything just to make a sale-- especially if they know you're a tourist. Last year, I purchased a Power FC from GT Sports, and they also said they were 100% sure it would work on my Evo 5. Well, guess what, they sold me one for an Evo 6, so of course it doesn't work properly.

I just got back from Singapore, and there's a shop there called Garage R that impressed me much more than the HK shops. Lester, the owner was very upfront, and wouldn't even sell me some parts because he wasn't sure that they'd fit on an LHD car.

There you go.

Anyway, I'm in HK several times a year on business. Would love to see more of the local car tuning scene sometime.

Cheers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi hesperus,

I agree with you about the so-called 'car tuners' here in HK. Most just want to take your money and forget about you. Most don't even drive!! You have to be careful in HK.....so many cowboys and sharks! The biggest shark of all is GT SPORT (all branches)!! NEVER GO THERE!! EVEN THEIR STAFF LEAVE FOR MORAL REASONS!! NOT JOKING!
At GT SPORT their parts appear to be cheap, but they rip you off for the labour! They employ morons to work on the cars too! Once they put in an HKS air filter (drop in type) 90 dgrees the wrong way so there was a gap of unfiltered air!! I bought a HKS BOV and they charged me HK$350 for labour. They forgot to tighten the bottom collar and so it leaked and stalled the car! I NEVER go there now. It's not just me. Other drivers has had similar bad experiences too.

TOP RACING in general has been very good to me. Their prices are competitive too. I bought a HKS GD MAX clutch from them (HK$8,500 for the clutch and 2,000 for the labour) and i'm delighted with it. Their mechanics really know the EVO and Skylines extremely well.......took them only 3 hours to do the change over!

TOP RACING also recommended that I try the LOCKHEED ZC (0-800) pads, but I recall reading on this forum that most (if not all) high performance pads squeal and eat the discs better. In the end I chose to have the SX (0-450).......again, very happy with them too: No squeal and better than stock.

You just have to do more homework when buying things in HK. I Use forums like this one to get feedback and comments on parts; helps me know what to expect before I buy.

Your EVO is LHD and we are RHD here in HK so you have to be extra careful when buying parts. I advise you to have part numbers of the parts you need to avoid disappointment.

Hope you'll have more fun when shopping in HK in the future!

Bye!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts