Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a replacement warranty set of discs, offside is perfect, this is the near side. Before anyone asks, I also fitted this to the offside to make sure.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

https://flic.kr/p/R2fhoC

·
Premium Member
11,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes they are seated correctly, air compressor and attachment in hand to clean hubs before fitting.

·
Premium Member
11,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That can't be the matching then, the whole thing must be warped/ out of line. How much were they? They look like they're worth their weight in scrap!
£170 each for the M5.

Yes I know, should of gotten genuine but at the time the wife was on maternity so couldn't stretch to the 1k mark.

·
Premium Member
11,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I paid £390 for 2x ATE discs and textar pads(oem manfuacture).

That's was in June 2015. The vid posted above are the warranty replacements i fitted yesterday.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Wow - that's shocking.... normally you need a run-out gauge to check that discs are within tolerance but that is so far out visually that I can't see how they've passed any post manufacturing check.

Did someone run over the disc with a tank while you weren't looking? :lol:

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
Wow - that's shocking.... normally you need a run-out gauge to check that discs are within tolerance but that is so far out visually that I can't see how they've passed any post manufacturing check.

Did someone run over the disc with a tank while you weren't looking? :lol:
and then reverse back over them in said tank for good measure? :lol::lol:

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Have you tried it with the wheel on?

Or used the wheel bolts to tighten it fully to the hub?

It's the wheel bolts that secure it correctly

·
Premium Member
11,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you tried it with the wheel on?

Or used the wheel bolts to tighten it fully to the hub?

It's the wheel bolts that secure it correctly
Tried it all lawsy. Also fitted the disc on the other side with the same result. Both discs are new, the other was fine.

Anyhow collected the replacement this afternoon, fitted, test run, back to normal :)

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Tried it all lawsy. Also fitted the disc on the other side with the same result. Both discs are new, the other was fine.

Anyhow collected the replacement this afternoon, fitted, test run, back to normal :)
Glad it's all sorted Ant

We use brembo and pagid from euro but tbh the genuine Merc stuff is only a little more so most customers go for oe stuff

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
In fact lots of things from euro are more expensive than Merc

Lots don't even price up oe as they assume it will be loads more

·
Premium Member
11,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In fact lots of things from euro are more expensive than Merc

Lots don't even price up oe as they assume it will be loads more
At the time I couldn't stretch another £500, I know is bad practise like but needed to be done. It's the only non gen part I have fitted and it will be the last!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts