Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help,

I am trying to estimate the power of my car, having run 3.72 0-60 I would estimate it between 350 - 400bhp but I would like other peoples opinions who have seen the car go.

Please don't flame me, I'm not showing off !! Just a geniuine enquiry.

Cheers

Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
dont know, but i know it stinks, i nearly passed out with the fumes ;)

its large mate, it was the fasted car on sunday....

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be doing some 1/4 mile runs first on Oct 14th. I've been thinking about rolling roads but in my opinion they are never accurate, there are too many variables (air temp, tyre pressures etc etc) I may do it out of curiosity though.

My other prob is, cos I live in North London the 4 nearest rolling roads are TDi, PTS, Tuning Japanese and Power Engineering...........due to reasons I can't post on here I will not use any of these establishments (although I may use PE for just a simple power run).

The only rolling road guys I would use are the boys at Powerstation in Cheltenham but its too far for just a power run.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the spec?

Especially head/cams/turbo/boost level???????

Not too hard to estimate if you tell me these.

There are some 1/4 mile hp calculators around on the net too if you want more estimates.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Simon

We will be going along to Santa Pod too, along with friends with their Evo 6 GSR and other friends with their FTO - see you there!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lightspeed,

It has a GReddy TD06 - 20G turbo with a GReddy manifold and external wastgate, full (very loud) exhaust system, GReddy Air filter has uprated cams but not sure of spec, also not sure if there's any head work.

Runs 1.35/1.4 bar.

Cheers

Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Simon,
Thats one Kick Ass car you've got there ! loved seeing it roar past the window yesterday! :) Would be very interested to hear the results when you find out any?!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wahey, I'm now Jr member :) !

As for results, when I get them I will tell all. On the eve of the 14th Oct I will post all my 1/4 mile results

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It hits 1.35 bar at 3500rpm and holds all the way to 6800rpm, once I go past that it drops back to 1.2 bar.

It will sometimes hit 1.4 bar if I floor it at higher revs (i.e. holding 4500rpm and then flooring it). It just overboosts slightly to 1.4 and then goes straight back to 1.35.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
6800rpm at 1.35bar is around 350hp.
7500rpm at 1.2bar is around 365hp.

The 20g should be able to safely supply you with more boost than that if the fuel system and intercooler have all been upgraded. It's a good 400hp turbo combination.

1.52bar (22psi) at 7200rpm |EQU| 400hp. (approx)
1.52bar (22psi) at 6800rpm |EQU| 375hp.

At higher pressure ratios it is starting to become inefficient and amp;gt;70% at high flow rates..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for that,

I think the fuel system has been uprated ,it has bigger injectors (blue in colour) and a L.A.P. by Boss ECU so I assume its all setup for that boost level. It also runs without detonation on 97 octane super unleaded (tested by Mark Shead)

The intercooler is standard but the piping is uprated alloy stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Simon Evo,

From my experience of other cars that pull well sub 4 second 60's I wud estimate in excess of 400 ftlbs and 450 bhp.

0-100 is more significant thand in gear say 80-120.

Bloody fast tho , u have just set my target 2 beat :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Simon

I think you could say why you would not use any of the aforementioned tuning companies. After all, you live in a country of free speech (except the rap songs on the radio) :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts