Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Tell me about it

Had my house valued by 3 of them for a part ex value on the new house.
2 of them were within 5k and the other was 30k less the "girl" that did the low one was at the house for a total of 7 minutes (i think she knew she wouldnt get the sale) she didnt know who had built the house or the type etc etc. We than had to have 2 other round to a decent average!!

Eventually they have discounted hers and offered a fair p/x

Jez

·
Registered
557 Posts
Don't even get me started on those F#ckers - always very matey till they have got your property then screw you all the way down the line, kust wish this was a one off but happens almost everytime lately.

·
Registered
338 Posts
InsBro said:

Had my house valued by 3 of them for a part ex value on the new house.
2 of them were within 5k and the other was 30k less the "girl" that did the low one was at the house for a total of 7 minutes (i think she knew she wouldnt get the sale) she didnt know who had built the house or the type etc etc. We than had to have 2 other round to a decent average!!

Jez
Jeremy, if you paid for professional valuations, then you have every reason to be concerned. If however your "valuations" were in fact just marketing appraisals given by unqualified estate agent personnel for free, then I don't think you have too much to complain about - you got what you didn't pay for!

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Lancerlot said:
Jeremy, if you paid for professional valuations, then you have every reason to be concerned. If however your "valuations" were in fact just marketing appraisals given by unqualified estate agent personnel for free, then I don't think you have too much to complain about - you got what you didn't pay for!
The builder we bought the new one off arranged for the "valuations" we did have a professional 1 done which we paid for and it was bang in the middle of the others. 3 of the valuers BTW were FRICS qualified;)

Jez

1 - 7 of 7 Posts