Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to get feedback from anyone that has had the ball bearing conversion and/or turbine housing modified on their E6 turbo by Essex Turbo chargers. Is it really as good as they claim.....on full boost by 2000rpm? Sounds like a worthwhile mod especially to negate any loss of bottom end when upping to 272i, 264e cams.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Yeh, I am interested in this too, prob too much £, but would be nice to know. I cant remember who on here has had this done, evo400? not sure....

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
hi chris robert said with the conversion u can boost it upto 1.9 bar but would need to spend loads of money on the engine first mate like forged pistons injectors, cams, fuel pump bolt job and crank

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
WASN'T ME . although a lot of group n boys have this mod done to there e6 titanium turbos as the oe needle roller bearing don't spin / spool fast enough. aganist grpn regs so all is keep nice and quite . recon modded turbos better than the 20g system . quote EARS MOTORSPORT. REGARDS EVO 400

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
oh i forgot what is the price charged ??????? MIE TURBO / essex turbos did the works group A nissan gtir turbos so they no there stuff .

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
is superevo4 who has got this done!! his got the whole thing done to his evo4! his e4 is mad!! you need to upgrade everything more or less!! his still sorting his car out but last time I saw it, his got a titanium ball bearing turbo (can go up to 1.9bar) Dragon forged pistons, cams and stuff like that cant remember!!! but all he need now is a new ECU that can support the cars power so his not getting anymore fuel cut/boost cut!!!

Leon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts