Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this morning I went for a drive and all of a sudden a warning light on the bottom right of the dash came on, in my evo1. It looks a bit like a car in brackets with sqiggly line coming form the tyres a bit like this

what does it mean? and what could cause it?

starnge thing is, i stoped the car and started it again and the warning light had gone out.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hmmmmm.......boosting this back to the top for a good reason.

I get the same problem in my Evo 1 aswell. It only ever happens when I've not driven the car for a little while (overnight). I stop at lights and my rev's drop lower than usual (I mean from idle to slightly lower), if i rev the car the drive belt squeals....then when i pull away (not squealing any more) and get up to 2000rpm this light comes on and stays on until i drop the revs to change gear. It only ever does this for a few minutes!!!!

Any ideas guys???

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
it's your ABS warning light
usually one or more of the wheel sensors are shot and need changing

worse case scenario is that the ABS pump needs replacing

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds sensible thanks, my brakes seem REALLY good so I would suspect its a sensor.

On a side point something in my engine squeels like mad when i first start the engine in the morning as well but after 10 min it goes away. Ive just had the cam belt changed to i dont think its rubbing against anything. ive also been told this is normal and not to worry abou it

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
its not normal m8 it is either you alternator belt or your air con pump belt slipping.10 min job to adjust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts