Lancer Register Forum banner

Envy Valeting.....an introduction from a new MLR trader

5K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Tim Bomford 
#1 · (Edited)
Who are Envy Valeting?

Keen car enthusiast Tim formed Envy Valeting in 2006. (Tim has been an MLR member under his old 22B name and also Project X.)

Driven by the need for perfection in all he does has seen Envy go from strength to strength.

Not just a simple wash and wax. Tim will turn upside down your vehicles appearance and your expectations of what can be done.

Using products from all the major manufacturers such as Swissvax, Autosmart, and the catchy Dodo Juice range to name but a few; Envy pick the best and aim for the very best for you and your vehicle.

Detailing is often found in 2 forms:
1) Protection detail, where the vehicle is subject to washing, claying, paint cleansing and protection. If the preparation is skimped on, the final end result will be a compramise and not show the vehicle off in its true light. Many owners comment at the cleansing stage that their vehicles look amazing and the process must be finished. Not true, the wax is then the icing on the cake and offers months of protection thereafter (if washed correctly). Typically a protection detail can be carried out in a day, vehicle size dependant.

2) The Correction detail, as above but after the claying stage the vehicle is subject to extensive paint thickness measurements to ensure its safe to machine polish. If there is not enough paint thickness, it may not be possible to carry out this stage. Machine polishing (not mopping) results in as flawless a finish as possible. Swirl marks and minor scratches are polished out from the surface of the paint (and not filled) ready to carry on with the cleanse and protect stage (as above). A Correction detail is typically 1-2 days work vehicle size dependant and is for those that are perfectionists, and/or want their vehicles to look the very best they possibly can.

Envy are fully mobile and fully equipped be it a wash, to a full machine polish and paint correction. The most common customer response is "its better than when it was new".

More recently we have added our online detailing shop, which can be found via the website and we only stock products we use and know ourselves and have faith in so feel free to have a look around and look out for forum Group buys and specials.

Anyway its hello from us and hoping for a warm welcome to the forum!

Best wishes

Tim

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks Danny! Radius wise I pretty much go anywhere. 1st 50 miles for free then £0.30p per mile there after so as long as travel is met I'd be there but Sussex is pretty much my doorstep.
Swissvax wise I have it in abundance:smthumbup

So do the first 10 members get a free valet??:D
I would love to and much as it saddens me..NO:cry::lol:

+1 :naughty:

What MLR disco's do you do
Working on that as we speak but no doubt there will be a favourable rate for MLR members.

#12 ·
I have replied and think you will like it:lol:

Have to say its a shame you are not a bit closer. I paid a local firm to detail my car last year and it initially looked great. Then, after a few weeks, it was back to looking like it had been polished with a brillo pad.
You're not that far away, just a little trip round the '25. Happy to help

Oh well, you don't know if you don't ask:mhihi:

My cars are in desperate need of a proper valet, just waiting for the weather to get better so the finish doesn't just last for a few weeks.

Do you also do engine steam cleaning and complete interior valet??
I generally do full inside and out details. I know there are those of us who only do exteriors but I do both. if its a paint correction job then generally its an outsider only unless it runs to 2 days. Engines are no problem:smthumbup

Welcome Tim!

All sounds good to me so lets get down to the prices :naughty:

Also what distance do you travel?
I am trying to work out an MLR introductory special. Travel wise last year the furthest in the UK was Bolton, and worldwide Switzerland (with more trips this year too yippee)

Hi Tim, good to see you have signed up too! :D
Sure did Rich, another step on the ladder:angel:

Just been look at getting mine done, very handy I'm in Fareham also.
Drop by anytime and be happy to advise on detailing, products or even beer LOL:crackup:

Thanks for the warm welcome, much appreciated.

Tim

#7 ·
Have to say its a shame you are not a bit closer. I paid a local firm to detail my car last year and it initially looked great. Then, after a few weeks, it was back to looking like it had been polished with a brillo pad.

#22 ·
My wheels have taken some abuse: Aftermarket pads and not cleaning enough... I've almost given up trying to get the brake dust off the Enkeis. Is this something you can sort, or do I need them refurbed?

(I need someone to clean them up and then put something on them to stop the dust sticking so much again. But I don't know if I need a valet/detailer or a refurb.)

#24 ·
I'll be quite happy to take a look sometime for you if you like?
The course of action would be try the wheel cleaners I have, then clay if still no joy then cleaner fluid possibly. Many courses of action before the refurb route (thought I do know an excellent refurber).
Prevention of dust sticking after is easy and a nice application of Swissvax autobahn wheel wax will do the trick:)
Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.