Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've been an EVO VI RSX owner for 2 days now......and loving it!

Quick question : I notice that when I lift off the accelerator, especially in a lower gear there is a noticeable vibration comming from the engine bay, it is actually quite harsh. Is this a normal characteristic of the EVO VI? If not can anyone help point out what it may be?

Car details : Sports ECU, 1.45 bar boost, Super Dragger exhaust, Open filter/Ram pod type induction, Approx. 30,000Kms

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When I lift off the accelerator I also hear this noise at 2500revs/m . My car is an evo V. I think that it comes from the exaust system, but it must be only a vibration. I can only hear it from inside the car, and you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would either of these be the open air filter?? My car has the K and amp;N inside an airbox, and when engine braking, or letting the rev's drop from up above :) you sort of get a vibrating burble noise coming from it....

just my 2cents worth.. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It could possibly be caused by the pressure plate on the clutch becoming weak.
Is it noticeable at speed and you lift off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd have to agree with FAvile (long live Robin Hood!), it seems to be a common problem with EVO's 4-6 that they suffer with a harsh thrashy type noise when coming off the throttle. This is often attributed to the transmission however, when an uprated or non standard clutch is fitted to the vehicle it seems to enhance this noise (gear chatter) which is essentialy due to the lack of damping effect caused by the springs in the clutch disc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks FAVille and Elvis,

This would make perfect sense seeing that I forgot to mention the uprated clutch that I have.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts