Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Having to rebuild from zero a brand new engine for my Evo VI Makinen, i would like to have some information about special parts to use, considering that i want to use the standard titanium turbo ( i have a brand new one.....) and a Walbro TDD fully mappable ecu with als optional system.
I'm not sure about some particulars, and especially:
someone tells me to buy special conrods from HKS, but in Ralliart Italy think the original conrods with a special thermic treatment are better ( they say that also group A engine works with these ones)
I have to use standard pistons or a set of forged Cosworth or Pistal units are better?
And last, here on the forum many people talk about HKS 272° or 264° cams, which i have to use for my engine, and i also need adjustable pulleys and reinforced valve springs?
Thanks on advance, please help me, i'm totally confused......
Excuse me for my bad english, and a last thing: as i live in Italy, can somebody tell me where to buy what i need, in Italy there are few street Evos, and there's no market of special parts for them....

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Original Post:
Ralliart Italy think the original conrods with a special thermic treatment are better
That's false.

Original Post:
they say that also group A engine works with these ones
That's true. In Group A, they are not allowed to change the engine internals like conrods or pistons.

Original Post:And last, here on the forum many people talk about HKS 272° or 264° cams, which i have to use for my engine, and i also need adjustable pulleys and reinforced valve springs?
You dont HAVE TO use different cams, but it would make the engine better at higher revs, allowing more AF mixture into the combustion chambers. Cams will need adjusting with pulleys. Optionally, you can buy valve springs and retainers of better quality as well.

Original Post:Excuse me for my bad english, and a last thing: as i live in Italy, can somebody tell me where to buy what i need, in Italy there are few street Evos, and there's no market of special parts for them....
Il tuo inglese va bene! Non ti scusare! :)

You could try and contact Fair Import in Toulouse, I buy my parts there, cheaper than in the UK and you get excellent advice and ALL the brands there is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts