Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i know there has been some debate in the pass about the best managment,

but what it is is my mate who's got my old evo is having tommi field do a 600bhp engine converstaon on the car, but he doesn't know what managment to have, his seen motec but it's 2.5k and im not sure if it's worth the extra,

It has Hks F-con vpro at the mo, but he wan't anti lag etc..

Any you guys know if motec is the best way to go or can u get the same for cheaper ecu's etc..

thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
lancerlott said:
Dark Evo,
Why are you switching to Autronics then? I thought the Motec was at least the equal....
Yes, they are all pretty much the same as one and another.

But, as the old saying goes, a mappable ECU is only as good as it's mapper :)

I'm switching to Mark because he's one of the best all round tuners in the country (IMO) with top mapping and engine building skills.
So when it comes to a re-map or just a service in my case Mark can simply plug the lap top in for half an hour and check everything is hunky dory :D
Plus, he's only 30mins down the road from me which is beats going up to Scotland or the grim North lol ;)

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
I'm in a similar position to Dark Evo. I've recently done quite a bit of work to the car and wanted someone who could do the mechanics and mapping from end to end.

I looked at all the options and it meant moving on from GEMS and I decided that Autronic was the best option for me. The GEMS was great as an ECU, but Autronic offers the widest choice of mechanical/mapping tuners in the UK all supported with Mark Sheads massive amount of Evo mapping experience.

Nick @ NR has done the work and have to say his knowledge of Evo's and standard of workmanship is absolutely first class and I'm very happy with the car. If I'd of stuck with one tuner for the mechanicals and a seperate mapper I don't think I'd of got what I wanted.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dave G, Dark Evo, know where you're coming from. When i heard about the Ecutek remap with Sam, i considered changing my mind, not having Autronics, letting Nick do the service and all other bits and bobs (decat, pump, regulator, controller etc.), then take the car to Sam and Dave for mapping.
I would then have had two different organisations working on it, and i'm not sure that's the right move, even though it is far cheaper (but as good?).

So it's in to NR ready for WRC day! ;)

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
you will find sam and i will work along side mark / nick with little problems ! what ever your choice your in the right hands . good ecu that autronics !! sm4 may prove to be even better value hey mark!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.