Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving along and my orange engine management lights came on. It wont go off but there dosent appear 2 be any problem with the car. Anyone any ideas why its came on? Cars a evo 8 260 only done 6,500miles.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah got a pre-cat back exhaust fitted but that was 2months ago :confused: its booked in2 the garage any hoo but thats not for another 2week. if its just a sensor should it be ok still to drive?

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
if it is the o2 sensor it wont affect your performance or your car but while it's on you wont know about any other problems . one thing you cando to check is disconnect the battery for 15 min then reconnect it this should clear the light but there is no guarantee that it wont come back on it probably will. if you have removed the downpipe with the pre cat put it back on this will solve the problem

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its not booked in till friday. But Spoke to the manager tho and says it shouldnt be any problem 2 fix and will be fine 2 run it. Says with not having the cat extra o2 is produced so exhaust gasses are hotter which heats up the sensor and burnt all the coke off it so its reading higher o2 value so thats why it recorded a fault in the ecu.

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
let me know how you get on cheers mate but be careful i dont understand how removing the cat after the sensor has resulted in hotter gasses before the sensor. if anything they should be cooler, less restriction equals less heat

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A deleted his reply but it was something 2 do with extra oxygen being produced when no cat is in so extra o2 makes for better combustion so hotter exhaust gasses or something like that he says.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well ask andy he has an evo 6 . he has a turbo with no part number, beat that.manager of western if u wanna argue, i 4 one certainley aint gonna when he gonna sort it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anyhoo got the engine management lite sorted. But since ave taken the cat out its just gonna keep coming back on they says. So it got reset on friday and came back on 2nite. Only way 2 stop it is put the cat back on. It aint causing any damage tho just means if something does go wrong i wont know :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.