forged con rods with ARP bolts
1,2mm head gasket

Parts must be new

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Claudius,
Have a look at the Co-ordsport site, they have some HKS items in their Autumn sale...hang on might find a link for you....
http://www.coordsport.co.uk/news/spoffers.asp gives you the page of sales sheets.
Other Parts Sales.xls contains the HKS items in the sale including HKS head gasket (1.2mm) and HKS forged piston kit (including rings). I can't see a con rod kit though. The items are about £400 in total off list price but I suspect there are limited numbers available.
Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Claudius,

Co-ordsport still have HKS head gaskets at £117 and forged pistons with rings for £610 inc. |PLS| many other parts on offer.

Clive

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, just took a look. They dont specify size, I guess they are the 85,5mm pistons.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Claudius try the omega pistons and arrow conrods website,as used in rs450 and many wrcs and superbikes ,proper stuff unlike some of the jap c**p thats being marketed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alan Zini's Dragon pistons are very nice - used them myself.

As for rods try Crower in US - will make rods to your spec for around 550-600 USD. Piece of #### as they make lots of rods for 1st Gen and 2nd Gen Eclipse with 4G63 motor.
these have been used in many 700hp 4G63 drag racers.
I bought a set for my as yet unfinished RWD Lancer project car and very nice they are too.

Any 2g DSM Eclipse forged piston should also fit an evo 4-7 - I think?
They definitely fit Evo 1-3.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PS.

1G rod - small end 21mm diameter by 29mm width (Same as E39 VR4, rwd Lancer,Starion)
2G rod - small end 22mm diameter by 26.5mm width (Same as evo 1-3) [4 to 7 ???]

All rods centre to centre length 150mm.
Big end 48mm diameter by ??width.

Older 1G rod is the strongest - good budget upgrade with a little machining.
Mitsubishi thinned the later rods to save reciprocating weight - good for engine response.
They also have reduced piston mass so the rod loading is lower.
Also with the introduction of FIA restrictors in rallying - torque and HP were theoretically limited so big fat rods were no longer necessary.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lightspeed

I'm not sure about the quality of American products, especially when something serious like engine internals is concerned. They do not have the same standards as Europe or Japan. BMW learned that when building the X5 over there. X5 quality is lower than BMW standard.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just because BMW can't get their ******* car plant operation in order in the states doesn't mean it's all shite.

There are plenty of great US tuning products out there - also some **** ones.
When the yanks do it right their stuff is very good.
Crower are top notch. Ross pistons are great too.
ARP fasteners are American too - and you want those in your rods.
A lot of the Jap stuff is just made to order by foreign sub-contractors anyway. Do you think HKS has their own piston forging factory - I don't think so.

There are good and bad products everywhere - even the evo has bad engineering issues - mmmm brake warp??? AYC recall???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts