Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 31.3%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, just curious about how the people who have had engine blows, drive.

Recently there seems to be a bit of a boom in people getting forged engines, and Im just wondering, is it because

a) You track your car every week
b) You drive like a maniac (and forget to warm up now and then)
c) You live your life 10 seconds at a time, like Vin Deisel lol and drive everywhere like you stole it (similar to b) i guess)
d) You had a high mileage car and it was just its time
e) No, reason, just fancied more power, had some spare cash around (lucky sod if so)

Bent rods?Crankwalk?Blown Piston?......

I just realised my post is a bit mixed up between engine blows and rebuilds, but i guess in most cases one leads to the other

cheer mike

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
my problem was trusting a car abuser who drove without oil at some point but was only too late when the big end had gone

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Evo 5

106 k 380 bhp 380 torque

warmed and cooled correctly, lots of track days, lots of top speed runs :mhihi:

evo 4

84 k 320 bhp 320 torque

Problem lead to over boosting i.e. started running @ about 1.8 bar all the time, wondered why it felt fast as **** till it went bang :lol:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
So, just curious about how the people who have had engine blows, drive.

Recently there seems to be a bit of a boom in people getting forged engines, and Im just wondering, is it because

c) You live your life 10 seconds at a time, like Vin Deisel lol and drive everywhere like you stole it (similar to b) i guess)
e) No, reason, just fancied more power, had some spare cash around (lucky sod if so)

Bent rods?Crankwalk?Blown Piston?......

I just realised my post is a bit mixed up between engine blows and rebuilds, but i guess in most cases one leads to the other

cheer mike
Trust me, B would be worse on a forged engine!

Most people do it because they get to 380-400 and don't want to take the risk of throwing a rod any more, or want that little bit more power.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
tme c/w autronic @ 1.7 bar + flooring it in 2nd gear seconds after starting it from cold ,while freezing cold outside
= conrod making its own hole in the block - schoolboy error - not recommended:wallbang:

·
Registered
237 Posts
You missed option F mate,

Bought anything that KTC had on their forecourt:mhihi::mhihi:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts