Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my employer wants to put all us weekly paid blokes onto monthly,i.e wait 3 weeks extra for a wage
i work in the paper industry and the mills go tits up all the time-i dont want to lose 3/4 weeks wage if it shuts-also hate giving them an extra 3 weeks lie week.
our contracts refer to us as weekly paid,have we any rights?
anyone???

·
Registered
849 Posts
It depends on how many of you are affected. You are required notice to move to monthly pay. But it is not illegal.

Have you a union if so use them, or contact a regional union office for help and support

Some companies offer interest free loans to help employees through the weeks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I beleive you are entitled to one weeks notice for each year you have been employed there, upto a maximum of 12 weeks for any changes to your contract, unless you otherwise agree.

What paper mill do you work for?

Mark

·
Registered
268 Posts
Law states that the employer can ammend your contract as long as your given a months notice, it happened where I work when they moved us to continental shift pattern - when some of the boys refused to go on them it was a case of "your job is no longer here, either do the shifts of be layed off!"

So I think they have got the right to do it, but as someone said they will prob help you out with loans etc. until you are settled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts