Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 failed its mot on emmisions, with a cat on, it wont go below 3.6 on the CO on normal idle, its fine on fast idle, i took it out for a thrash, like the mot bloke said, and still not better. Is there anything that can be done to drop this figure
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
Matty H said:
My 6 failed its mot on emmisions, with a cat on, it wont go below 3.6 on the CO on normal idle, its fine on fast idle, i took it out for a thrash, like the mot bloke said, and still not better. Is there anything that can be done to drop this figure
Cheers
Have you had the oxy sensor recall done? If that is knackered it affects your emissions.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Matty H said:
Cheers
get it MOT'd somewhere where they are "sympathetic" to modified cars :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there is nothing in the cars history that says its had it done, is there a list which says what cars were recalled? Is the oxy sensor the same as the lambada sensor?

Forgot to add the cars standard bar a superdrager and a filter

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
Matty H said:
there is nothing in the cars history that says its had it done, is there a list which says what cars were recalled? Is the oxy sensor the same as the lambada sensor?
Yep, same as lambda sensor. The VIs had a flawed one which was fixed on recall by Mitsi for free. I'd get that checked, cos even if the recall has been done it could be your new one is knackered. If your recall han't been done then the work is gratis.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
Re: Re: Emisions

sven said:
get it MOT'd somewhere where they are "sympathetic" to modified cars :D
There will be some problem with the car though. My car passes its MOT with cat back on place.

Granted the cat is off thee minutes later :)

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
When we had ours Mot'd it failed on emmisions and like yours it didnt go down enough after a damn good thrashing.
The garage then sold us some cat cleaner about £10 stick it in with a full tank of petrol and drive it no stop for 1hr and hey we came out the the Mot cert.

Hth

Trina

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
When the exact same thing happened to mine (failed emissions with the cat installed) it was because of the big rust holes in the oem exhaust. Might be worth checking the superdragger for any extra ventilation, although from memory they should be stainless and therefore much more hole resistant than the pig iron oem one. If there's no exhaust leak (from the manifold right through to the backbox) then I'd assume it's a knackered oxy sensor that's putting you over.

PS where is the lambda sensor? It might be that your sensor isn't actually connected or something silly like that, especially if it's in the cat pipe which has recently been put back on...

·
Registered
356 Posts
If the sensor was faulty then the enging check light would come on but if its been damaged by condensation in the exhaust (what the recall was made to over come) then this wouldnt show up as a fault with the car on the diag on the car or mitsi's MUT. ;)

·
MLR Oldie
14,974 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Emisions

M6 EVC said:
Thats what I was thinking. My last M.O.T passed with downpipe, de-cat and Nur-spec, a couple of weeks ago:D (can't say where though)
Mike could you PM me the details of your emissions friendly MOT testing station as I may need it in the not so distant future.

Thanks

Baz

1 - 15 of 15 Posts