Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EMERGENCY!! on way back from indigo-gt. Have a very noisy banginh grinding noise coming from the front left. Speeds up and slows down with speed but not revs. Doesnt change in gear or out.... car vibrating badly. Darent drive it.
Was fine before. Cant see any imediate signs of damage. Discs are clean. Driveshafts are clean. Wheel is tight.. brakes work... HELP

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wheel doesnt move top to bottom or in or out... im gonna drive back slowly. It sounds like its falling apart....

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
stone stuck bewteen the brake disc and metal shield?

Also check your nuts are tight for the shocks located either side of your strut brace.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a 45000 service. Cambelt and i had a 3" exhaust fitted too

I believe now... after listening very hard... that the propshaft is catching the exhaust.

Last night on the motorway i heard what sounded like a nut or bolt fall off and clatter the exhaust before bouncing down the road... the noise has gone but i havent been under the car yet.

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
It was a 45000 service. Cambelt and i had a 3" exhaust fitted too

I believe now... after listening very hard... that the propshaft is catching the exhaust.

Last night on the motorway i heard what sounded like a nut or bolt fall off and clatter the exhaust before bouncing down the road... the noise has gone but i havent been under the car yet.

that was probably the issue then mate, but I would get under the car and have a look, you don't want the exhaust falling off and ripping your rear bumper off the car :eek:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True... all seems fine this morning and i cant see anything... hmm

The exhaust is a mongoose with hks cat and japspeed downpipe... the catback was 2nd gand and downpipe is new.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Water Bumper Automotive exterior Material property Composite material Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas Bumper

Not happy at all.

The car is leaking badly from both gaskets too.

But the mojor issue is the gouge out of my prop shaft caused by the front mountings coming loose and falling off.
There are also no washers on the bolts fitted to the cat and they are allready pulling through the holes.

I am not at all happy.

·
Premium Member
MLR Regional Organiser South London (ish)
3,543 Posts
Mate that don't look that good at all:blah:

Hope Ant sorts out ASAP for you, I certainly wouldn't drive it back up there could cause more damage,

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Look. The guys were excelent down at indigo and even bought me a kfc.
But if i cant rely on them to tighten the exhaust mounting bolts... or to use rtv sealant instead of gungum. Then i am slightly worried about how well the cambelt change went.

Dont get me wrong. Other than the exhaust and propshaft the car has been excellent. And the guys at indigo are brilliant to talk to.
Just wish it was 100% before driving away.

·
Registered
30,469 Posts
The downpipe was Japspeed at we had a lot of issues fitting it. It had to be changed to get it to fit it is very likely that due to the fact it did not work well with the original front flange it vibrated significantly as the bolts were tight.

The fit on the downpipe was horrendous.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hello m8
We had an absolute nightmare fitting your supplied japspeed downpipe to your magnex. Oem Doughnut wouldn't seal and we had to modify the springs and retainers to make the pipe align up.
We even took it out and made sure on full lock left and right that it didn't bang.

The mounts usually have a bolt welded onto the back of the wings but I assumed the supplied bolts would be sufficient.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the reply.
What i am concerned about now as the mounts have been fixed.... is the leaky gaskets. Im going to need to get it re sealed. And i am absolutely certain that theres no way the 1/4" stainless flanges on the hks cat are warped. If they were... then the gaskets and sealant would both seal them...

Im just disheartened that after a job that i paid for my car still needs more work. I cannot afford to have it off the road at all.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts