Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can't any one leave me in fkin peace at shortys gaff. those bloody smoke alarms play havock with spooking.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you want to know,the extreme S engines are all built by one person and only he knows the COMPLETE specification despite what ANYONE else may tell you.These engines are what they are,they will never set the world one fire in terms of sheer horsepower but are solid and reliable units. As far as i am aware none of these engines has ever suffered a mechanical failure of any descripton.I feel it would be unfair of me to give away any technical details on this subject,however THERE IS a far greater depth to these engine conversions than most people would understand.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you want to know,the extreme S engines are all built by one person and only he knows the COMPLETE specification despite what ANYONE else may tell you.These engines are what they are,they will never set the world one fire in terms of sheer horsepower but are solid and reliable units. As far as i am aware none of these engines has ever suffered a mechanical failure of any descripton.I feel it would be unfair of me to give away any technical details on this subject,however THERE IS a far greater depth to these engine conversions than most people would understand.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL :D

What could be a secret in a turbocharged 4 cyl?? Buy one, open it up and find out if no one tells you...

What a lot of crap

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Elvis,
i am guessing here,but reading between the lines,its basically a rally engine,without the restrictor ?
hence more power (than 300) and a bit less torque ????
can you tell us anything usefull or relevent mods that are used to get the torque so high,apart from the cams ?
what make are the cams ?
and are they all the same,extremes ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JC

Although I don't have the indepth knowledge of Elvis, I believe that my standard Extreme differs from the Extreme S as follows

It runs standard cams
The crank machining is different (don't know what)
The head has no work done on it. The S doesn't have much, because they don't charge a lot to do it!
It have the Sports ECU, not Gems
It has standard intercooler piping

I believe that there are also 1 or 2 minor things that I have forgotten.

The 7 Extreme engine is very different from the 6 Extreme engine. AFAIK, the 6 Extreme had no internal engine mods. The Extreme S engine is the latest varient of the RS450 engine but I don't know where the differences are.

Hope some of that helps and I look forward to Elvis's response.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will be the first to admit I am no expert,but to get high torque does it mean you have to have advance ignition and increase boost in the midrange,and that is why Co-ordosport strengthen the engine?

I see In the MLR members handbook it quotes the Extreme S as producing 357bhp and 383ft/lb torque.
Because of the experience Alex has had,if I was buying an Extreme S I would want to retain part of the purchase price until Co-ordosport could produce 2 independant dyno graphs proving these figures had been achieved.

What do you think JC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Barry,
I believe that the way Ralliart tune the extreme(s) to get the high torque is indeed like you say, increase the boost in the mid rev range. This is the same way that the WRC cars are tuned (high torque but 'fairly' low bhp)

However in order to achieve the desired results, you will also need to improve the volumetric efficiency of the engine. This is where the porting of the cylinder head and the cams come into play i.e. optimising the mass of air getting to the engine by minimising pressure drop and improving flow.

Just out of interest, what figures are RC currently quoting your car to make and have you had this verified on 2 independant dyno's? ;)

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Andy I don't understand the question,as I have not spent 40k on an Extreme I don't see the synergy,I do however understand where you are coming from and why,so I will ask you the same question in that context.....Do you practice what you preach?

By the way go play somewhere else ,I'm bored with this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
barry
why do you think every one is against you ?. i think andy's question is very fair. does anyone have a graph of the rc 380bhp car ? did it actually produce that much power and at what revs ? what kind of torque etc.. this kind of info... did anyone dyno a rc car at pe?

custard

i have also noticed elvis's posts and have asked to actually reveal his real identity but i don't think he will. i think he must be connected to ralliart some how which is obvious considering the details that he sometimes know about the various evos.

i also know that ralliart have tried various turbos on the 7 when they first got it. and elvis claims that he has done that as well ?

Elvis
what i don;t understand is. why is it so difficult to get more power out of the 7 in comparison with the rest of the evos? ok i know the turbo is silghtly smaller but i am sure to should only account for 10-15bhp at the most. but hte 7 should have more torque for the exact same reason. isn't that correct? the other thing that always gets me. the 7 is also running a better straighter exhuast system ( that should account for something) and a bigger intercooler which also should account for more power at the top end than the 6? this gets me more confused.
applying the same theory as above re the difference between the 6 and 7 should also mean that if you get a turbo from the MAK and bolt it on the 7 and run them at the same boost level you should be able to get more power with the 7 if every thing else is equal?

if that is so obvious why did not ralliart fit the extreme s models with a different turbo? the one for the mak for example???????

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sam

Why do you think that it is more difficult to get power out of the 7? Regarding the Extreme S, the engine is the latest version of the RS450 engine but produces (claimed ;) ) more than the 6 based engines.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Another late visitor to this thread Welcome to You

Sam,first of all I don't give a toss what you think,and where did you get the I believe everyone is against me crap from are you actally from this planet.

Questions ,questions,questions..sorry but your type makes me laugh,have a nice weekend enjoy your car,and don't worry about it,I'm sure Andy is gratefull for your support and because you have helped him you must feel really warm inside.

Good Day to you both and be Lucky;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
barry
i don't really know what the #### is wrong with you? i have asked you a fair question but you ended up slagging me off and actually being very rude.

your knowledge yourself is obviously vast considering you did not even know how your apexi crap works and you had for ages, but pretended to be an expert about it?? bizzare

i tell you what? every one i have spoken to on this board on line and off line actually hates you and thinks you are just a ****** :D so you are right we are all against you. so here you go then. although i have not met you, but i am sure you either a short little midget or have a really small penis. you have the biggest Chip on your shoulder i have ever seen.

don't remember ever helping andy in any way i will be more than happy to help anyone. you excluded off course.

i just wonder would you have told me to #### off to my face? i will be coming over to some off the track days at some point so please come and introduce yourself.

sam

1 - 20 of 37 Posts