Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a problem in that my mirrors no longer fold in when I flick the switch. there is no whirring or anyhting so I think it is a problem with the circuit or the switch itself.

The switch was unplugged recently to connect a switch for teh front fog lights but it was unplugged and plugged back pretty much straight away.

The odd thing is that the electric adjustment of the mirror glass is still working on both sides and that functionality is controlled by the same switch unit which only has one plug in the back.

I have no idea where the fuse that controls this circuit is (I don't know what symbol represnts it on the fuse box), and I don't know which pair of wires going into the back of the switch unit is responsible for the mirror folding rather than the directional adjustment.

· Registered
1,883 Posts
Sometimes you need to give the mirror a bit of a pull in the right direction, something in the mechanism seems to engage and the mirrors fold in. Once you've done it, usually stays done for a while. [Disclaims responsibility for knackering it completely if you try this ;) ]

Steve.

· Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve C said:
Sometimes you need to give the mirror a bit of a pull in the right direction, something in the mechanism seems to engage and the mirrors fold in. Once you've done it, usually stays done for a while. [Disclaims responsibility for knackering it completely if you try this ;) ]

Steve.
Steve,

I've heard this is a potential solution if you can hear the motors whirring but nothing happens, but in my case the motors aren't even trying to fodl the mirrors.

Definitely an electrical problem of some sort. I'm sure I'll get it sorted eventually!

· Registered
3,436 Posts
Hobbers - is it both mirrors? If I remember the fuse for the mirrors is the same one as the windows so if windows and mirror adjusters working, there is no reason why the folding system shouldnt be working.

Had a similar prob on my old VI. The mirror got stuck in the closed position (where open is so you can use them whilst driving!!). Tried everything but in the end I took the mirrors apart and the mechanism had managed to wind itself off the motor!! Prob due to someone knocking them or something.

If you've checked the connections etc with a volt meter etc, it may be worth dismantling and reassembling the mirrors but make sure it isnt a power issue first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.